roasted cut silver

sonny61

Sep 9, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Prizm 4, Surfmaster ll
My TH partner and I rehunted a couple of old sites yesterday until my knee gave out on me. I found a D buckle and what we believe is a cut spanish silver that has been in a fire. We have found a few cut silvers before at this site that were in good shape. This one appears to be roasted. You can see one cut edge on the left side and a couple of faint markings on the coin. No ID possible. This will have to do for a while since I am having knee surgery Monday and will be on crutches for 4 weeks. Will be on the sidelines looking at all the finds everyone else is making. HH Sonny

Attachments

• jspn_001.jpg
    jspn_001.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 410
Upvote 0

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad to see you both was able to get out to enjoy these warm last few days.
your find does look like a melted piece of cut silver, ashame for the condition but a good old piece of silver is a good find anyday.

hope you have a quick recovery from the knee surgery, Nova Treasure

xymox

Jun 10, 2010
california
4 weeks , i broke my leg this summer, all i did was look at t' net for way to long. so get the good crutches the kind what dont go in your arm pits and tape a big cup on them to hold stuff, like treasure. then pull out find and resurch what you have and study your local history, and you will be ready for the big comeback. or buy a new md and look at it for a long time!

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt you know silver is silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions