What's new

Robert E. Lee

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2012
Messages
2,375
Reaction score
1,209
Golden Thread
0
Location
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to meet Robert E. Lee today. We had the bicentennial celebration in Old Washington TN today. I have hit it pretty hard for the last several weeks to find enough for a descent display of relics for the celebration. I didn't think I had enough to really even display. I was shocked at what a big hit it made. Most of the relics I have dug were within 1/4 mile of the park and really thrilled the residents. The New York button, penny buttons, old pocket watch, and CW era bullets really brought to light some of the history of the little town. Could not believe how many knew nothing of the CW activity in the town. In short I had a ball. The Rhea County Historical Society is going to make a display to be exhibited in the Court House Museum of the relics I have dug. Ain't I special.....ha ha. All and all a great day.:icon_thumleft:

Robert E Lee 001.webpRobert E Lee 002.webpRobert E Lee 003.webpRobert E Lee 004.webpRobert E Lee 005.webp
 
Looks like yall had a real good time. If they were playin bluegrass music, there aint no better music. :hello2:
 
VERY NICE. Thats good that you got out and let them see this stuff it helps us all that hunt. I love to put my stuff out for all to see, and will have it out this Nov. tell the first of the year.
Good work on your part to let them see all the stuff you can find out there. And thanks. HH
 
Oh man ....played bluegrass and lots of old gospel etc. Some real talent up on that little stage today.:hello:
 
Would love to get up that way some day.
 
Isn't it amazing how little people know of their town's history? You are doing a great thing by helping to educate them. Keep it up...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom