What's new

Rock Art Vandalism

Charl

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2012
Messages
3,091
Reaction score
4,794
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Upvote 0
That's just awful.
That being said.. this is an open forum so you are putting it out there some more actually.
Not trying to be rude at all just saying it could help to spread the idea even more by posting that.
 
I wish, I could put my foot in the ass of anyone who would do such a thing.
 
I wish, I could put my foot in the ass of anyone who would do such a thing.

You and me both. I bet the FL. "Looters" will get stiffer penalties than these sorry, no count, wasting perfectly good oxygen, losers. It's not right. To preserve culture is a felony. I haven't had a chance to read what the charge was in this case. I'm not perfect, but thank God, I was raised to respect people, their property, and culture.
 
I used to hike around the Anza-Borrego desert a lot. There are a couple petroglyph sites marked on the tourist maps, and they've all been heavily vandalized. I used to get to know the rangers, invited them to my campsite, share a few beers or a spliff...if they trust you, they can show you many more sites that aren't on the maps for that very reason. I cannot imagine the mentality of someone who'd do such a thing. These sites are sacred.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom