What's new

Rock, possibly tool/artifact

susan110

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 18, 2019
Messages
2
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had this rock for about ten years. Can't remember where I found it, I'm always picking up rocks and just came across this in my house about a year ago.
It's definitely made of rock and it looks like a tool. Fits very nicely in my hand. Any ideas? thanks, Susan
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5761.webp
    IMG_5761.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_6513.webp
    IMG_6513.webp
    696.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_6514.webp
    IMG_6514.webp
    610.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6516.webp
    IMG_6516.webp
    501.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_6517.webp
    IMG_6517.webp
    602.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_6515.webp
    IMG_6515.webp
    384.5 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_6519.webp
    IMG_6519.webp
    944.4 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_6520.webp
    IMG_6520.webp
    929.4 KB · Views: 80
Welcome to TreasureNet!


Sorry, it is natural rock with erosion. Don't get caught up in "it fits my hand" it will mislead you 99% of the time.
 
Upvote 0
Gotta agree but you could always have it looked at by a proffessional but there is many many many rocks posted on this forum good to ask though
 
Upvote 0
Welcome also from Mi. Tommy
 
Upvote 0
thanks everyone! Obviously I wasn't too excited about it or I would have looked into ten years ago :) Just seemed weird with the really flat spot on the one end.
 
Upvote 0
I can’t tell from the pics but look for roughed up edges with fresh chips. If anything it would have made a good hammerstone otherwise I’d agree with the others
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom