Redmond, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro / 12" 300 / Eclipse DD / Eclipse Shooter
|
Bounty Hunter |
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fairly new to the Pacific Northwest (moved up in 2009) from southwest Florida. :hello:

Since moving from FL, I'm now a passionate rockhound since the geology of WA and surrounding areas is pretty diverse. Enjoy seeking out all types of minerals and always learning something new. Have been building up my Jeep so I can get to some harder to reach areas. The various crystals are fun to find. I'm a member of the cash+treasure wiki, but noticed there's a lot of good info and folks on TNET with the MD passion.

Here's my photo album over at the wiki showing some of my rock/mineral booty, will need to update it with a bunch more stuff sometime soon:
Rockin Album Photos - Treasure Hunting Wiki

I've recently started metal detecting again (first time doing it in WA), and now gaining that swingin' fever! Found an abandoned barn. It was empty and vacant for so long. Was trying to find the land status. But went back a few weekends ago to see it, and there are new Private Property signs up, which I must respect. Looks like the land was bought. Oh well, one of those daydreams where you wish you could go out there with your "extended electronic arm".

Looked so enticing:
Abandoned-Barn-off-US-97.jpg

In FL, I was always finding things while out on the boat in Charlotte Harbor and Boca Grande. Sometimes would stop and have lunch at one of the little keys/islands and find spanish things washed up after the tropical storms went thru. The beaches on the Gulf side yielded so many coins and other things in September-October... after the height of the tropical season and summer tourist rush. Seemed to always churn up stuff. And things from the various published and "non-published" shipwrecks would wash up every now and then. Now I wish I had a better dectector to go back and hunt!

I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on a good detector as I'm learning quite a bit by getting out there. I have it narrowed down to 2 or 3. Like choosing what to eat for dinner from a large menu where everything sounds good. Can't decide!

Looking forward to being a part of the community.

Happy Easter to all

Attachments

• Abandoned Barn off US 97.jpg
    Abandoned Barn off US 97.jpg
    457.1 KB · Views: 129

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest: