What's new

ROD?.....lol

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2009
Messages
1,160
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
MA
I found this using my MD for only the second time, I found this iron twisty thing that is about the length of my middle finger.
Can anyone tell me what this little dohicky is?
 

Attachments

  • WHAT1.webp
    WHAT1.webp
    29 KB · Views: 277
  • WHAT2.webp
    WHAT2.webp
    63.7 KB · Views: 254
Meaning no offense...but looks like trash to me. Twisted bailing wire, coat hanger, etc.
 
Upvote 0
Kieth-Tx said:
Meaning no offense...but looks like trash to me. Twisted bailing wire, coat hanger, etc.
None taken, but its twisted on both sides, i thought coat hangers only twisted once?
 
Upvote 0
It also reminds me of the wire twist that you see on the single wrap around a #50lb cardboard box of nails. :dontknow: Fencing comes in various wire sizes...11-12g....14g....15.5g
"Who's ROD?
I almost was going to say it looked like a rifle cleaning brush with the bristles long gone.....that bottom end doesn't appear threaded....does it?
 
Upvote 0
TiredIron said:
It also reminds me of the wire twist that you see on the single wrap around a #50lb cardboard box of nails. :dontknow: Fencing comes in various wire sizes...11-12g....14g....15.5g
"Who's ROD?
I almost was going to say it looked like a rifle cleaning brush with the bristles long gone.....that bottom end doesn't appear threaded....does it?
Nope, but the nails would make sence cause about 1 foot away I dug a nail.
 
Upvote 0
jdsarasin8194 said:
TiredIron said:
It also reminds me of the wire twist that you see on the single wrap around a #50lb cardboard box of nails. :dontknow: Fencing comes in various wire sizes...11-12g....14g....15.5g
"Who's ROD?
I almost was going to say it looked like a rifle cleaning brush with the bristles long gone.....that bottom end doesn't appear threaded....does it?
Nope, but the nails would make sence cause about 1 foot away I dug a nail.

"Coincidence?.....I think not"...... :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
TiredIron said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
TiredIron said:
It also reminds me of the wire twist that you see on the single wrap around a #50lb cardboard box of nails. :dontknow: Fencing comes in various wire sizes...11-12g....14g....15.5g
"Who's ROD?
I almost was going to say it looked like a rifle cleaning brush with the bristles long gone.....that bottom end doesn't appear threaded....does it?
Nope, but the nails would make sence cause about 1 foot away I dug a nail.

"Coincidence?.....I think not"...... :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
true...
 
Upvote 0
i vote barb wire but hay it still along the fence route.
 
Upvote 0
My first thought was double twist barbed wire also La Beep. Monty
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom