Rodeo Gounds are so..."Tacky..."

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is better than finding a Martingale? Finding the whole breastplate assembly! I detected a local rodeo/gymkhana arena and the area around it today. Half way through, I hit a small spot with multiple signals on my ATPro. I rolled my eyes and immediately thought, "can slaw." But, I dug it anyway and after revealing a beautifully engraved silver plate buckle, what...with leather still attached...? I then carefully went horizontally with the Lesche tool in an 18" circle around the buckle and lifted up the turf like a pancake. I was thrilled to see a complete breastplate assembly lying there, four inches under the sod. All buckles, loops, straps, bolts, etc...were intact. All the large silver plated buckles and the Martingale are hand engraved!

I went on to try to find the rest of the "horse." I did recover the chain off of a bit, a strap buckle, a screw-backed saddle concho (silver plated), a brass lead clip, a diamond shaped, hand engraved bridle decoration (silver plated) and a few brass and silver plated screw backs for belt and bridle decorations.

If you have access to a local rodeo/gymkhana arena, go have some fun and detect it. There may be some silver "horse bling" waiting there for you! Happy Hunting and thanks for looking. Sub 8-)

Attachments

• tack1.jpg
    tack1.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 251
  • tack2.jpg
    tack2.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 235
  • tack3.jpg
    tack3.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 253
  • tack4.jpg
    tack4.jpg