What's new

Rogers Brothers 1847 Butter Spreaders

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
1,573
Reaction score
1,104
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I picked these up today from a garage sale. I cant find anthing about thes particular ones online. Every other pattern is out there but I cant find this pattern anywhere. The only markings on them is Rogers Brothers 1847. They look like siilver but Im not sure. They are not magnetic. Does anyone have any information on these? Thanks!!!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0601.webp
    IMG_0601.webp
    22.4 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_0599.webp
    IMG_0599.webp
    38.2 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_0602.webp
    IMG_0602.webp
    30 KB · Views: 302
Your pattern may be too old for Rogers Brothers to have listed. They look authentic, and may be either 90% silver or even sterling (.925 fine silver). I'd suggest they would be most valuable to someone who collects older silverware.

If you choose to clean these, please consider acetone and Q-tips. Should get most organic material off the surface.
 
Tuberale said:
Your pattern may be too old for Rogers Brothers to have listed. They look authentic, and may be either 90% silver or even sterling (.925 fine silver). I'd suggest they would be most valuable to someone who collects older silverware.

If you choose to clean these, please consider acetone and Q-tips. Should get most organic material off the surface.
Thanks Tuberale! I was hoping they would be silver. They look like they might be. I got 2 ounces of silver and 3 of those spreaders for 60 bucks. All of those weigh 3.13 ounces. I think I got my moneys worth.
 
Looks old, but due to the copper tint on the full length photo suspect silver plated.
 
dale68 said:
Looks old, but due to the copper tint on the full length photo suspect silver plated.
Looking at them I think the copper tint is on the picture. not on the actual pieces.
 
i believe i have some Roger Bros silverware in a box somewhere in my room, nice finds :icon_thumright:
 
I have a complete set of them and they are plated, good news though is you got a good deal on the 2 ounces of silver, spot right now I think is $38-39 an ounce.
 
Sorry... Didn't mean to be all negative. That is a good deal for the .999!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom