Roll hunting in Frisco (AKA district 12)

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Roll hunting in 'Frisco (AKA district 12)

Took a trip to 'Frisco last week. Searched a box of halves in the trunk, skunked. Turns out they don't have coin countas there, had to ship the coins out using a bag.

-I traveled around looking for a coin shop so I could buy a 2006 San Francisco commemorative silver dollar. The first coin shop I couldn't find, got stuck in traffic, apparently you can't make left turns in 'Frisco. There were also subway workers on strike so traffic was really bad. Then there were people protesting to preserve social security and Medicaid blocking the street. Saw a brutal car accident. Gave up on this shop.
-The second shop was a complete mess and he didn't have the coin.
-The third shop was on vacation for the week.
-The last shop was on the 14th floor of a building, finally got my coin!

-Went to china town and asked all the banks there if they had any half dollars, they looked at me like I was crazy. A man in china town noticed I was looking at the Chinese coins in his shop and so he brought out a Morgan dollar and a trade dollar. He wanted 25 dolla each. Both were obvious fakes. (Probably CC's, Chinese counterfeits) I said, 'No thanks dawg, those are wack'. I think he got the point. Ain't no one pulling fakes on good o' Eminem.

Saw the plane crash as well at the Frisco airport. Everywhere I go accidents are happenin'

Share your vacation rollin' stories

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also what I hate about certain areas with a large population of banks is: there is a divider(usually grass), where you cannot cross traffic to get to the bank, and you have to wait at a jug handle for 5 minutes for the light to change green... then you realize there are 30 cars in front of you and you have to wait for 3 series of green lights to finally get your U-turn complete.

mr.landpirate

Dec 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the left coast. It's faster to make 3 right turns then to wait to make a left so all you do is drive in circles. Know wonder we're so loony.

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
Also what I hate about certain areas with a large population of banks is: there is a divider(usually grass), where you cannot cross traffic to get to the bank, and you have to wait at a jug handle for 5 minutes for the light to change green... then you realize there are 30 cars in front of you and you have to wait for 3 series of green lights to finally get your U-turn complete.

I have learned this in the past couple months! :angry9:

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, Welcome to the Bay area. Its a mess...glad i just moved finally after 35 years

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread