What's new

Roll Hunting the Hard Way

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2006
Messages
3,283
Reaction score
240
Golden Thread
1
Location
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit the local park today with the metal detector and after getting a strong signal I started digging and found 50 dimes with some deteriorating paper from a wrapper. I looked at a few while digging them out and saw a few 2000s and 1990s. When I got home I checked them all out and came up with a 1963. The only silver in the bunch.

I don't know if this counts as roll hunting but it was a first for me.

P9300331.jpg


P9300330.jpg


HH

NJ
 
Upvote 0
That is an awesome MDing find. I've found a few good coin spills MDing but nothing like that. Congrats.
 
I'll be damned!
That almost counts as a cache!
I'll usually check out the banks for rolls before I break out the MD!

Congrats!
 
It was fun to find. It was one of two large coins spills I found this weekend. In a different park I found $3.90 in nickels and dimes out of one hole. No silver in that group but there was a 1939 Nickel. Everything else was after 1964..

As always I would rather find an older coin then a modern spill but they do get the blood flowing. The one thing that did stand out this weekend was the lack of pennies. I only found three memorials and three wheaties (19,29,57). I found more quarters then pennies...I love those ratios.

HH

NJ
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom