What's new

roll of 2007 halves

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2007
Messages
1,305
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
I did my usual halves searching today. Picked up $80, found 3 40%ers, and to my surprise, one of the rolls was nothing but 2007's. All appear to be BU. I not really into collecting halves of the copper clad variety, and I usually just spend any 2007's I find. But uh...an entire roll? Has anyone else found anything like this?
 
Upvote 0
Ive Found over a roll in a box before I saved them for a week or two then put them back into circulation for more chr funds.

CC
 
Yeah...I'm wanting to save them, but....they're not silver, yet they could lead me to silver. I'll hold on to them as long as possible, but they'll be the first to go if coin hunting funds ever dry up. I'm sure other collectors would appreciate them more.
 
I should have saved a few though im wanting to make up some sets they were nice au-bu.
 
One of my banks had a full $100 bag from the mint and when I went to pick it up, I was told that the security guard already bought it :-\
I see they sell them for $135 direct from the mint.
 
I was told that the security guard already bought it
hahaha. Sorry for laughing, but that's too funny! :D
 
Keep in mind no halves have been released for circulation since 2002. So they will bring a "premium" since the only way to get them is directly from the mint (or a coin shop). Are they "P" or "D" mint?
 
Hey Joe,
Not to correct you or anything, but no halves have been "issued for release" into circulation since 2001. But, somehow they very much make it into circulation. Most Crh's find post 2001 halves on a regular basis. I think Fiatboy was just making a point that you usually do not come across a full roll of them. The debate has gone on for a while whether or not it is worth it to save them. As of right now, there seems to be little or no premium on the post 01 halves. I think most people are just trying to guess whether there will ever be a market (with a premium) for these halves. Good luck to ya! Gpurs...
 
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm keeping them for now, since post-2000 halves (like pre-1960 nickels) are in numismatic limbo. We'll see what the future holds.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom