What's new

roll of silver quarters today from the bank

postalgriff

Silver Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2008
Messages
2,801
Reaction score
1,093
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scored a nice find working the window at the post office. I go though probably 3 or 4 rolls a day in my cash till, when I got a new roll today I noticed it seemed a little short in length for a roll of quarters so I threw it on the scale b/c I know a roll should weigh 8 ounces. this one wieghed 8.4. I was like what. so I zeroed my scale and weighed it again after taking a quick look at the length again, still 8.4. so then I opened it up and saw all friggin silver, couldn't believe it. the first thing I saw was a few SLQ's right at the end. anyway, It has 6 SLQ's (2 readable dates), 1 62 Canook, and the rest Washington's 36-64 with a few very nice ones that I'll sleeve. bought some wine on the way home to celebrate. not being a serious coin roll hunter, I got lucky today!, I usually post in the michigan forum, but I wanted to share this with you guys, Griff
btw, it only has 39 quarters (9.75 face) weird cause I knew it was short loooking, but the silver made it weigh more.
 

Attachments

  • 12-11 roll.webp
    12-11 roll.webp
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,295
  • 12-11 roll2.webp
    12-11 roll2.webp
    39.9 KB · Views: 788
  • 12-11 roll3.webp
    12-11 roll3.webp
    47 KB · Views: 937
  • 12-11 roll.webp
    12-11 roll.webp
    40.9 KB · Views: 871
  • 12-11 roll2.webp
    12-11 roll2.webp
    39.9 KB · Views: 720
  • 12-11 roll3.webp
    12-11 roll3.webp
    47 KB · Views: 779
Upvote 0
HOLY CRAP!!! Dang, someone MUST of cashed in a collection. I also got a roll of quarters a couple days ago, but only found clad.
 
Wow :o Its hard to find one silver quarter, A whole roll and Standing Liberty Quarters Nice find :thumbsup:
 
very nice, i still wonder if i will ever make a complete roll of quarters
 
That would make anyone's holiday!

HH
-GC
 
All your diggin this year hoping for a SLQ and you got 'em, hey, this still counts as far as I'm concerned! ffd
 
nice haul of quarters, they seem to produce the least amount of silver for me. I've only found a couple silvers so far
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom