What's new

Rolled Gold excitement with OBN, Chesapeke Bay

treblehunter

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2013
Messages
9,692
Reaction score
11,296
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hunting with OBN today (we went one day last week too) I took my boat down equiped with my Hookamax for some underwater detecting. We spent allot of time in the water today, good time, lots of laughs, good company. I found my first ring with Beachy, I was seeing glints of gold on the crusty ring I found, at first I thought I found silver. When I got home I ran to the Hillbilly Zapper (Carolina Tom's invention!) and zapped it seeing what I thought was 14 K. I had a meeting I had to go to, so when I got home I zapped it some more. I got in some light and noticed it looked brassy so I took a look at what before my meeting I thought was a date, initials, K mark, and makers mark. When I seen the initials I realized it was Gold plated. I thought Real Gold Plating. I looked it up,one thirty th of 14 K Rolled Gold Plate.
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Rings are always exciting, especially when I'm a knucklehead!

Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad
 

Attachments

  • Resized_20160920_221207.webp
    Resized_20160920_221207.webp
    557.8 KB · Views: 166
  • Resized_20160920_175651.webp
    Resized_20160920_175651.webp
    62.6 KB · Views: 157
  • Resized_20160920_175625.webp
    Resized_20160920_175625.webp
    104.4 KB · Views: 151
  • Resized_20160920_221303.webp
    Resized_20160920_221303.webp
    37 KB · Views: 154
  • Resized_20160920_221313.webp
    Resized_20160920_221313.webp
    35.1 KB · Views: 158
  • Resized_20160920_221337.webp
    Resized_20160920_221337.webp
    38 KB · Views: 155
  • Resized_20160920_223910.webp
    Resized_20160920_223910.webp
    158.3 KB · Views: 163
Upvote 22
OBN has some GREAT spots. You will get a real gold in no time I hope. I don't think he could have gotten them all, but maybe!!

Hope to hear more of your adventures. How do you like your Hookamax?
 
I forgot to say that OBN found two real gold rings,silver Wash and a merc.
He can find treasure like nobody's business!
 
Brad Thank You!! One heck of a day out, that boat is Amazing to say the least, A Pirates day out for sure!! Glad you came out of there with some treasure also, I think she is a Beauty, sure cleaned up nice!! That water sure was deep where that baby came from, I looked out and all I could see was the top of your head....

OK Captain........ I await the next adventure!!
 
Better Luck next time! At least you had fun!
 
OBN has some GREAT spots. You will get a real gold in no time I hope. I don't think he could have gotten them all, but maybe!!

Hope to hear more of your adventures. How do you like your Hookamax?
He got most of them, I wish I lived closer! I love that Hookamax, I have the twelve volt, I can leave my outboard running and I'm good for many hours straight underwater! It's a beautiful area, great day on the "Phyllis Jane" next time I'll take some time for pix

Brad Thank You!! One heck of a day out, that boat is Amazing to say the least, A Pirates day out for sure!! Glad you came out of there with some treasure also, I think she is a Beauty, sure cleaned up nice!! That water sure was deep where that baby came from, I looked out and all I could see was the top of your head....

OK Captain........ I await the next adventure!!
You know I enjoy our treasure hunts, I realized that when we got to where I found my ring that that being underwater hunting is much easier physically. Just all that weigh on my weigh belt is hard to get used to. I'll be out there again soon, till my lips turn blue!

Better Luck next time! At least you had fun!
It's about the hunt more for me, I'm easily excited anyhow!

Congrats on the ring and adventure
Thanks Art, I was talking to a guy last night that was telling me his brother just bought a property that was deeded in the 1600's. He said he is trying to get me permission to hunt it. Big old farm! I thought of you, it would be cool to get an old place like your farm!

Nice ring...
Thanks bud.......
 
Nice finds Treb!
You did find gold! It contains more gold than most of the plated stuff.
As for your detecting partner finding gold & silver....take a look at his detector, i think he may have installed a "find gold & silver" button on it. :D
Your gold is out there, even he can't get it all.
 
Even if it is plated, that's still a very nice ring, and congratulations on that!

Your comment on Carolina Tom's Hillbilly Zapper had me searching Google - where I found bug zappers, and TNet where there were only a page of results and I didn't find mention. So, I assume it was makeshift electrolysis?
 
Congratulations on a nice outing. Although any gold plating is usually considered to have no real gold value, a ring such as yours could bring a ten dollar price at a NYC flea market. Enjoy your time in the water. Winter is coming.
 
Sounds like a fun time was had by all Brad. Hunting with friends is treasure in itself. The finds are just icing on the cake,
 
Nice finds Treb!
You did find gold! It contains more gold than most of the plated stuff.
As for your detecting partner finding gold & silver....take a look at his detector, i think he may have installed a "find gold & silver" button on it. :D
Your gold is out there, even he can't get it all.
Thanks girl.
I get lucky every once in a while, I did yesterday, early 1900's "Rolled Gold Plate" is cool!

Even if it is plated, that's still a very nice ring, and congratulations on that!
Thanks, I still like it, just amazing how long a hunt can last, it went until 10 pm last night.

Your comment on Carolina Tom's Hillbilly Zapper had me searching Google - where I found bug zappers, and TNet where there were only a page of results and I didn't find mention. So, I assume it was makeshift electrolysis?
Sorry about your confusion, Carolina Tom nicknamed my electrolysis the "hillbilly zapper"

Congratulations on a nice outing. Although any gold plating is usually considered to have no real gold value, a ring such as yours could bring a ten dollar price at a NYC flea market. Enjoy your time in the water. Winter is coming.
I'll sell it on ebay for that much. Thanks

Sounds like a fun time was had by all Brad. Hunting with friends is treasure in itself. The finds are just icing on the cake,
It really was fun, last week we had a good adventure also, the senery is awsome, not like my Delaware Bay, I enjoy that exploring.
 
Feel your pain I found two rings same plug both say 14k gold filled rrrrrrrrrhhhh but sounds like you had lots of fun and made a new friend to hunt with.. Thanks for sharing
 
Wow, that ring really cleaned up! Congratualtions on the recovery and preservation! :occasion14:
 
Dang nice hunt! :coins::icon_thumright::treasurechest:
 
Feel your pain I found two rings same plug both say 14k gold filled rrrrrrrrrhhhh but sounds like you had lots of fun and made a new friend to hunt with.. Thanks for sharing
Thanks, I still like her, nice ring early 1900's save, I really knew right away, I have a uncanny way of talking myself into "ITS GOLD!" haaaaa

:thumbup:
Thanks

Wow, that ring really cleaned up! Congratualtions on the recovery and preservation! :occasion14:
Thank you

Dang nice hunt! :coins::icon_thumright::treasurechest:
Thanks bud
 
Rolled gold or not still a neat ring....it beats another pulltab...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom