New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hunting with OBN today (we went one day last week too) I took my boat down equiped with my Hookamax for some underwater detecting. We spent allot of time in the water today, good time, lots of laughs, good company. I found my first ring with Beachy, I was seeing glints of gold on the crusty ring I found, at first I thought I found silver. When I got home I ran to the Hillbilly Zapper (Carolina Tom's invention!) and zapped it seeing what I thought was 14 K. I had a meeting I had to go to, so when I got home I zapped it some more. I got in some light and noticed it looked brassy so I took a look at what before my meeting I thought was a date, initials, K mark, and makers mark. When I seen the initials I realized it was Gold plated. I thought Real Gold Plating. I looked it up,one thirty th of 14 K Rolled Gold Plate.
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Rings are always exciting, especially when I'm a knucklehead!

Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad

Attachments

• Resized_20160920_221207.jpg
    Resized_20160920_221207.jpg
    593.8 KB · Views: 133
  • Resized_20160920_175651.jpg
    Resized_20160920_175651.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 128
  • Resized_20160920_175625.jpg
    Resized_20160920_175625.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 123
  • Resized_20160920_221303.jpg
    Resized_20160920_221303.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 128
  • Resized_20160920_221313.jpg
    Resized_20160920_221313.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 128
  • Resized_20160920_221337.jpg
    Resized_20160920_221337.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 128
  • Resized_20160920_223910.jpg
    Resized_20160920_223910.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 137
Upvote 11

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
OBN has some GREAT spots. You will get a real gold in no time I hope. I don't think he could have gotten them all, but maybe!!

Hope to hear more of your adventures. How do you like your Hookamax?

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot to say that OBN found two real gold rings,silver Wash and a merc.
He can find treasure like nobody's business!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Brad Thank You!! One heck of a day out, that boat is Amazing to say the least, A Pirates day out for sure!! Glad you came out of there with some treasure also, I think she is a Beauty, sure cleaned up nice!! That water sure was deep where that baby came from, I looked out and all I could see was the top of your head....

OK Captain........ I await the next adventure!!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBN has some GREAT spots. You will get a real gold in no time I hope. I don't think he could have gotten them all, but maybe!!

Hope to hear more of your adventures. How do you like your Hookamax?
He got most of them, I wish I lived closer! I love that Hookamax, I have the twelve volt, I can leave my outboard running and I'm good for many hours straight underwater! It's a beautiful area, great day on the "Phyllis Jane" next time I'll take some time for pix

Brad Thank You!! One heck of a day out, that boat is Amazing to say the least, A Pirates day out for sure!! Glad you came out of there with some treasure also, I think she is a Beauty, sure cleaned up nice!! That water sure was deep where that baby came from, I looked out and all I could see was the top of your head....

OK Captain........ I await the next adventure!!
You know I enjoy our treasure hunts, I realized that when we got to where I found my ring that that being underwater hunting is much easier physically. Just all that weigh on my weigh belt is hard to get used to. I'll be out there again soon, till my lips turn blue!

Better Luck next time! At least you had fun!
It's about the hunt more for me, I'm easily excited anyhow!

Congrats on the ring and adventure
Thanks Art, I was talking to a guy last night that was telling me his brother just bought a property that was deeded in the 1600's. He said he is trying to get me permission to hunt it. Big old farm! I thought of you, it would be cool to get an old place like your farm!

Nice ring...
Thanks bud.......

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Treb!
You did find gold! It contains more gold than most of the plated stuff.
As for your detecting partner finding gold & silver....take a look at his detector, i think he may have installed a "find gold & silver" button on it. :D
Your gold is out there, even he can't get it all.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Even if it is plated, that's still a very nice ring, and congratulations on that!

Your comment on Carolina Tom's Hillbilly Zapper had me searching Google - where I found bug zappers, and TNet where there were only a page of results and I didn't find mention. So, I assume it was makeshift electrolysis?

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a nice outing. Although any gold plating is usually considered to have no real gold value, a ring such as yours could bring a ten dollar price at a NYC flea market. Enjoy your time in the water. Winter is coming.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like a fun time was had by all Brad. Hunting with friends is treasure in itself. The finds are just icing on the cake,

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Treb!
You did find gold! It contains more gold than most of the plated stuff.
As for your detecting partner finding gold & silver....take a look at his detector, i think he may have installed a "find gold & silver" button on it. :D
Your gold is out there, even he can't get it all.
Thanks girl.
I get lucky every once in a while, I did yesterday, early 1900's "Rolled Gold Plate" is cool!

Even if it is plated, that's still a very nice ring, and congratulations on that!
Thanks, I still like it, just amazing how long a hunt can last, it went until 10 pm last night.

Your comment on Carolina Tom's Hillbilly Zapper had me searching Google - where I found bug zappers, and TNet where there were only a page of results and I didn't find mention. So, I assume it was makeshift electrolysis?
Sorry about your confusion, Carolina Tom nicknamed my electrolysis the "hillbilly zapper"

Congratulations on a nice outing. Although any gold plating is usually considered to have no real gold value, a ring such as yours could bring a ten dollar price at a NYC flea market. Enjoy your time in the water. Winter is coming.
I'll sell it on ebay for that much. Thanks

Sounds like a fun time was had by all Brad. Hunting with friends is treasure in itself. The finds are just icing on the cake,
It really was fun, last week we had a good adventure also, the senery is awsome, not like my Delaware Bay, I enjoy that exploring.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feel your pain I found two rings same plug both say 14k gold filled rrrrrrrrrhhhh but sounds like you had lots of fun and made a new friend to hunt with.. Thanks for sharing

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, that ring really cleaned up! Congratualtions on the recovery and preservation! :occasion14:

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feel your pain I found two rings same plug both say 14k gold filled rrrrrrrrrhhhh but sounds like you had lots of fun and made a new friend to hunt with.. Thanks for sharing
Thanks, I still like her, nice ring early 1900's save, I really knew right away, I have a uncanny way of talking myself into "ITS GOLD!" haaaaa

:thumbup:
Thanks

Wow, that ring really cleaned up! Congratualtions on the recovery and preservation! :occasion14:
Thank you

Dang nice hunt! :coins::icon_thumright::treasurechest:
Thanks bud

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rolled gold or not still a neat ring....it beats another pulltab...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread