Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's fair to say it has been a long time since I detected never mind finding anything worth while posting :unhappysmiley: Yesterday I went out on a club dig, I have joined this club because it's well run, and the organiser works hard for good land.

We hit a Roman area near Pocklington in Yorkshire, the fields where huge and one of my pet hates wheat stubble ??? but the ground was very sandy so easy to dig. About 50 turned up but the finds where a bit thin on the ground, bit of a surprise really for the area. Having just lost over a stone in weight my dodgy knee held up quite well and I managed about 3-4 hours detecting.

Best find for me, a very Nice Roman Siliqua of Julian, not sure of the mint, Lugdunum I think ? (perhaps Cru Dad might help) Hopefully now that the season has kicked of I might string together a few more finds to post :icon_thumleft:

SS

Attachments

• DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    350.9 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC_0007.JPG
    DSC_0007.JPG
    235.2 KB · Views: 80
Upvote 20
OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE;

Cru'Dad did spot the E instead of F at the start of the obv, but in his rush to email me forgot to comment. Also he spotted that the P in exergue is actually a D, another indication that its an imitation barbarous issue. A very nice example though!
I think more interesting than the real deal.
Thank your Dad for me.:headbang:

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread