What's new

Roman bronze coin?

The_Chuzz

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2018
Messages
34
Reaction score
59
Golden Thread
0
Location
New York City
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker TK4 IV
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A friend found this coin and is asking me to research, I can try to answer as many questions as I can. Does anyone have an information or ideas about what it is? Any leads would be great.


DC73E8AF-7B6E-4930-B238-0E63BCFD9169.webp9C279D59-C341-45D7-8126-4AD1E401E73A.webp
 
Wow thats pretty cool where did he find it
 
Upvote 0
Wow thats pretty cool where did he find it

An antique store I believe, do you have any idea what it could be? I’ll upload better pictures later he is going to give it to me to research.
 
Upvote 0
Roman, yes.
The value of their coins were supported by the decree of the Senate "Senatus Consulto" or SC--as shown on your coin.
[FONT=&quot]Almost all bronze coins issued before the late third century AD bore the letters SC on the reverse[/FONT]
Don...
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think (need to look at my collection and notes before saying for sure) that is a Left standing Libertas on the reverse and right facing Commodus on the front. Will take a look when I get home
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom