www.cointalk.com
Thank you !!Here's another pic of the coin with some history.
Don in SoCal![]()
Another Roman Republic Denarius
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] This 'type' struck by the moneyer Postumius has been posted many times before by the CT gang but the first I have...www.cointalk.com
Just so you know, I was told that this is a "MULE" a Roman coin made during that time period but probably faked by someone, because no known coins have the Obverse and Reverse as this one does. I remember where I dug it, so there is no doubt that its real, the question I have is about a relative value for a coin like this that is authentic.The legend in the first coin above reads (from the 5 o'clock position counter clockwise)
“DIVVS AVGVSTVS VESPASIANVS”' a Latin inscription that appears on coins commemorating the death and deification of Vespasian, who ruled from AD 69–79.
Similar to the obverse image as shown here:
View attachment 2176136
Source: https://www.acsearch.info/search.ht...S+SC&category=1&images=1¤cy=usd&order=0
Don in SoCal