May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hunting the 4 hours 15 minutes on my own(although Dad did join in the last 45 mins) finishing the best area of the site, as the crop will be too developed next week to continue.
I got another 2 hammered, which means 5 in 3 days which doubled this years total!

13 Roman Bronze Coin
3 Jetton - 1 really nice one, I think I need.
1 Rose Farthing
1698 Halfpenny (pretty good nick for a field find)
Roman Pinhead
Tudor Spur fitting
Medieval barrel lock piece
Tudor Clothes Fastener
1890 Sixpence

These finds have boosted our recordable finds to make it our best April on record!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 112
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    175.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 116
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 120
Upvote 8
Good stuff ! Always nice when her Majesty makes an appearence on silver ! did that jubillee profile run for 5 years or so ?

Good stuff ! Always nice when her Majesty makes an appearence on silver ! did that jubillee profile run for 5 years or so ?

Of the top of my head, 5 years seems about right, it was found in the first 10 minutes!

That makes 6 silvers on the same field, I think it's something you should celebrate!
What a great field, it keeps on giving!
Congratulations!

Looks like you've got a good spot to hunt with a lot of nice potential:icon_thumright:

Looks like you've got a good spot to hunt with a lot of nice potential:icon_thumright:

75% of the best area has now been covered, the rest can wait for another year.

Great return hunt, liking the silver and the cut quarter. The soils seem to be really kind to some of the bronze coinage as they have some great detail, not toasted like most field finds.

Great return hunt, liking the silver and the cut quarter. The soils seem to be really kind to some of the bronze coinage as they have some great detail, not toasted like most field finds.

Its more gravily & sandy than most of our heavy clay land.

I can only dream about finding such things,nice job.

Best April for recordable finds ! Great hunting ! What's May going to produce ? Looking for some failed crop fields would be an idea. There are a few out there after our disastrous fall and winter !

Best April for recordable finds ! Great hunting ! What's May going to produce ? Looking for some failed crop fields would be an idea. There are a few out there after our disastrous fall and winter !

Yeap, but nearly all the rape are the fields we don't want, but at least we have options.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back