What's new

Roman/Iron Age Site...

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,306
Reaction score
48,543
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my own today for 5 hours 45 mins.
This is another one of the sites that had a deep plough & Dad & I have had a Celtic Gold Coin each off this area, but not today...
I have already done 2 short hunts on this land & today I covered the whole of the main area, so that we can move on to another site this weekend.

22 Roman Bronze Coins, 3 OK ones.
2 Broken Fibula
Fossil
Very pleased with the Medieval Lead Button which still has it's iron shank:icon_thumright:
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    164.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    168.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    52.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    76.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    60.8 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Upvote 14
Congratulations! Those coins are very nice!
 
Incredible Finds Crusader! :icon_thumleft:
 
I loooooove Romans!!
That's a great day on my standards
Conratulations
 
great bunch of finds.....nice coins
 
Just WOW!!! Congratulations.
 
WOW! Your three dug "OK" Roman coins look better out of the ground than our 100 year old coins do. The age of your finds always interests me.

VPR
 
your ok Romans look great to me! congrats
 
Love those coins. They have incredible detail for being that old. Love to find some of those, but its not going to happen over here.
 
YOU DA MAN!!!!!!....................HH
 
medievil button with intact shank? how in heavens name did that happen! & of course as always, amazing finds. I think one day I will "hitch hike" on a boat to your place so I can experience one of your digs. do you think they have a shipping lane for hitch hikers?
 
Love those coins. They have incredible detail for being that old. Love to find some of those, but its not going to happen over here.

It could & it has, seen a few posted from the US. Although it's not quite the same as finding them after being lost nearly 2000 years ago.
 
medievil button with intact shank? how in heavens name did that happen! & of course as always, amazing finds. I think one day I will "hitch hike" on a boat to your place so I can experience one of your digs. do you think they have a shipping lane for hitch hikers?

Yes, very rare for iron shanks to survive that long, in ploughed soil as well.

Might be easier to swim instead........
 
Nice haul again! Like the ammonite. And three fairly good romans from that soil isn't bad either. :occasion14:
 
Nice haul again! Like the ammonite. And three fairly good romans from that soil isn't bad either. :occasion14:

No, pretty good. Tomorrow will be a gamble.:thumbsup:
 
Congrats Cru!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom