R russelldowne Greenie Joined Nov 15, 2015 Messages 12 Reaction score 15 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 15, 2015 #1 Hi there I found lots of roman pottery while walking a ploughed field so go the detector out and found possible Roman knife Attachments image.webp 5.9 KB · Views: 113 image.webp 4.5 KB · Views: 95 Upvote 12
Hi there I found lots of roman pottery while walking a ploughed field so go the detector out and found possible Roman knife
bigfoot1 Silver Member Joined Nov 1, 2011 Messages 3,792 Reaction score 3,399 Golden Thread 1 Location so.cal.mtns. 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Nov 15, 2015 #2 wow...sure hope it is.a trip to nearest university archaelogical department might be in order.
R russelldowne Greenie Joined Nov 15, 2015 Messages 12 Reaction score 15 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 16, 2015 Thread Owner #3 Knife The knife I think may have got bent when plough went over Attachments image.webp 5.9 KB · Views: 78
CRUSADER Emerald Member Joined May 25, 2007 Messages 41,313 Reaction score 48,582 Golden Thread 27 Location ENGLAND 🥇 Banner finds 27 Detector(s) used XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 16, 2015 #4 That one, might be, but not having found a whole one myself, I can't discount Medieval.
R russelldowne Greenie Joined Nov 15, 2015 Messages 12 Reaction score 15 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 18, 2015 Thread Owner #5 Had someone look at it said it possible roman used for cutting crops Found on a site with lots of roman pottery and coins
Had someone look at it said it possible roman used for cutting crops Found on a site with lots of roman pottery and coins
against the wind Platinum Member Joined Jul 27, 2015 Messages 24,896 Reaction score 24,983 Golden Thread 0 Location Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania Detector(s) used E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030. Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 18, 2015 #6 Very cool, , if I was recovering nothing but Roman artifacts and uncovered this knife from among them,, I too would think it was of Roman origin. Congrats
Very cool, , if I was recovering nothing but Roman artifacts and uncovered this knife from among them,, I too would think it was of Roman origin. Congrats