May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent 6 hours on the Roman Site & 2.5 hours on new land. The new land is still not producing (other than 1 hammered in the first 16 minutes), but we will grid, just incase.
This is Fri & todays hunt & we have now pushed over 200 Roman Bronze Coins from the Lion Site - since we first discovered it late last year.

No special finds but we are happy we have a chance in January.

25 Roman Coins
bits...

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    204.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    279.1 KB · Views: 196
Upvote 20
Hard work paying off again!:headbang:

I enjoy your posting finds from across the pond.:icon_thumright::icon_thumleft:
Marvin

Again?
It seems like u have a map of all roman lost coins man
leave some for the others
great job Cru :thumbsup:

Just coins? Thats unusual for your fields! Nighthawked before and the Deus sniffs the last coins out? Still a great day. Sitting here in the snow and on frozen ground. :dontknow:

Now I'd pay to play if I could hunt with you Cru. :notworthy:

Congrats on your finds and it's great that you're still hunting in January.
We got hit with a few nights of 20 degree temps and the ground froze. Last year my first hunt wasn't until March 26th, because of all the snow we got. So far this year, I've got 3 hunts under my belt. Hope the weather stays good for you.

WOW. I love finding old civil war ear items but yours blow my mind! Nice Finds!

How much area Cru that your making the finds in to reach 200. Don't give me that meter crap (lol!). 2,3 acres? More curious

200 Roman bronze coins thus far is still a dream for many. Your griding and hard work has a way of paying off by some of your past spectacular finds. Good luck to you and your Dad!
HH

What was the history of the site, a Roman gambling house? That is a lot of coinage, depending on the acreage you are gridding. Are they all from about the same era? Nice coins and especially the quantity...but not sure if these are all quality or not...but they all look nice to me.

Nice find Cru! Great scrappies and 200 from this site alone?! Incredible.

Steve

WOW

I would be happy to have just one of those. Michigan does not have a lot of history like that . Still waiting for ground to thaw awesome finds

Congratualtions on the Roman coins! :occasion14:

must have been the site of the fire that burned the First National Bank of Rome

Just coins? Thats unusual for your fields! Nighthawked before and the Deus sniffs the last coins out? Still a great day. Sitting here in the snow and on frozen ground. :dontknow:

One of my old 'X's on the maps & an old permission, but we were put off searching because the owner claimed it was re-claimed land. This was untrue of this field & we have yet to sit down with him & discuss all our finds yet & find out what's up with that story. However, in the years I wasn't detecting, he has had a few people do it. Oddly 1 of them gave up 4 years ago - left me loads lol. However, there is at least 1 other current guy we haven't met yet.
I believe they found the main area & got the artefacts & the Deus is mopping up the rest. I think they missed the far end with the 4 Roman silver coins.:thumbsup:

How much area Cru that your making the finds in to reach 200. Don't give me that meter crap (lol!). 2,3 acres? More curious

30 Acres of scattered coins, we grid it all twice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back