ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roman, Saxon, & Medieval.....

I don't say that very often after a hunt!

Dad & I spent another 7 hours (14 man hours) gridding the huge field. After about 5 hours we had only found a few buttons/common coins. Then I had another one of those special runs, finding a Medieval Seal Matrix & a Anglo-Sandinavian (Viking)/Saxon Stirrup Terminal. This Terminal with a beast head is a very rare find & my first one ever. Its 10th-11th Century & could be Viking but most likely Saxon. These are under appreciated as many detectorist don't know what they are & hardly ever find them.

The 14th Century Seal Matrix has the image of a squirrel. This is my first complete example ;D
4 Scrappies
Lead Token
Lead Cloth Seal
1936 Sixpence
Brass Crown :icon_scratch:
44th Reg. of Foot - Victorian Button - badly damaged.

It was a day to remember in my books. 2 nice items which will be hard to repeat.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 372
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 382
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 375
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 364
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 365
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 361
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 358
Upvote 0
Re: Roman, Saxon, & Medieval.....

nice, i bet your over the moon with a bit of saxon stuff :thumbsup:

i can't believe you have a matching button to the one i found on sunday! the one with the swirls on it!

shaun7 said:
i can't believe you have a matching button to the one i found on sunday! the one with the swirls on it!

Really, I think its 17th C or early 18th

yes, its the one your dad said looked like a windmill patern!

i chucked it in the lemon juice last night and it cleaned up good! and yes its exactly the same :o

Very Cool.....The stirrup part was a great ID.Thank's for sharing :thumbsup:

:blob1: :blob1: :blob1: :blob1: :blob1: :blob1:

ALWAYS THE BEST OF EUROPE DETECTORS

Nice finds, any Saxon is great. like the little private squirrel seal. :thumbsup:

Very nice seal :thumbsup: very collectable to :o

robfinds said:
Nice finds, any Saxon is great. like the little private squirrel seal. :thumbsup:

Saxon/Viking is my Fav but I hardly get any in this area, so very pleased to get anything like this. I would say its my best find so far this year. I study these terminals & its a rare derivative of a Dragoons Head, the unusual feature is the hooked nose, which makes it more eagle or bird like. 8)

Wow your having to much fun lol but sounds like a great spot to hunt Congrates.

cool stuff

Thanks everyone.

Its an unusual field, which can turn up stuff from any period. However compared to most fields we like to do, the finds are few & far between. We have put in lots of hours & already covered over 6 acres in 3 days.

I'm back on the field tomorrow, after my break today. The weather looks like its going to hold off until Friday when its heavy rain :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back