What's new

Roman silvers?

DiggerKid2003

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2014
Messages
474
Reaction score
1,105
Golden Thread
0
Location
Spotsylvania VA
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Wireless Z-Lynk headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well for Christmas my dad got me 24 uncleaned Roman bronze coins. btw dad that was an awesome gift :) but a few of them seem more Celtic to me and I think they accidently sent a silver? The people sell them in packs of 12 that are supposed to only be bronze Romans. This coin is definitely silver so can anyone tell me what it is? 15517.webp 15518.webp
 
Kinda looks Arabic but I'm no expert. Congrats on the silver surprise
 
Upvote 0
A very nice present! :occasion14: I also vote Arabic.
 
Upvote 0
Now that you guys mention Arabic I'm noticing a few other that look arabic also. I guess they send the coins uncleaned so they didn't realize they weren't Roman.
 
Upvote 0
Congrats GiggerKid, nice gift!

It's good to see old Sanity Clause has still got the touch! Ancient Roman Coinstar rejects, LOL!

Best wishes!
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Great Dad sounds like a great gift I cant even guess but its really cool
 
Upvote 0
Arabic, probably a 1500s Ottoman akce. Could you give the weight and diameter?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom