What's new

Roman Site still producing...

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,304
Reaction score
48,522
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although the rain had stopped the sticky lumpy clay was fun to play in :laughing9:

Only spent 3 hours (6 man hours) but the results were in some ways better than yesterday.
We seem to be on the edge of the western side of the site & strangely had no smaller coinage, but had the larger types.
The Magnetius Double Centenionalis is our first & a Rare type :icon_thumright:
Plus a nice Magnetius Centenionalis.

This site is very late as all the coins (but a few) are post Constantine I & start mostly in the 350s AD :icon_scratch: Very unusual in our experience.

My first Roman Serpent Ring - that one would be hard to find with Disc on :wink:
Roman Pin Head
Medieval Fittment
Best Find Saxon Strapend (new type for us) ;D

Very unusual Lead hollow Bead with good decoration. I know it must be Medieval or earlier & I'm thinking Saxon (maybe Roman) :dontknow: Never seen one to compare it to :icon_scratch:

So a good weekend :icon_thumright:
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    55.7 KB · Views: 472
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    82.1 KB · Views: 489
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    35.9 KB · Views: 493
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    56.8 KB · Views: 478
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    73.4 KB · Views: 468
Upvote 0
nice finds. I hope the flooding I have been hearing about over there isn't affecting you too horribly.
 
mamabear said:
nice finds. I hope the flooding I have been hearing about over there isn't affecting you too horribly.

No, thats what wear weather gear is for :)
 
Nice finds as usual Cru :icon_thumleft:.

Is is true that gills and webbed feet run in the family ;D.

hammered
 
hammered said:
Nice finds as usual Cru :icon_thumleft:.

Is is true that gills and webbed feet run in the family ;D.

hammered

They do around our way, I married my sister :icon_thumright:
 
CRUSADER said:
hammered said:
Nice finds as usual Cru :icon_thumleft:.

Is is true that gills and webbed feet run in the family ;D.

hammered

They do around our way, I married my sister :icon_thumright:

It's the year of the fruitbat here so we don't have to marry our sisters, cousins maybe :laughing9:.

hammered
 
keep up the good work :icon_thumright:
 
Great finds as usual Crusader! I'm pleased to see that you're getting out. Weather wise we're getting a severe battering up here!
 
CRUSADER said:
hammered said:
Nice finds as usual Cru :icon_thumleft:.

Is is true that gills and webbed feet run in the family ;D.

hammered

They do around our way, I married my sister :icon_thumright:



Now that was funny :D :D :D :D

I like the big coinage :icon_thumleft:
 
DavidBeard said:
Great finds as usual Crusader! I'm pleased to see that you're getting out. Weather wise we're getting a severe battering up here!

I hope it clears up enough for you to get out again :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom