fireford10

Apr 4, 2013
Bossier City, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey yall, im new to this hobby, but have been hooked from the first find i ever dug (1948 wheat penny) with a fellow firefighter. I went out and bought 2 detectors from pawns shops. I use the Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200, and my back up is a Bounty Hunter Lonestar. I do a lot of night detecting due to the fact that i have 7 kids and after they go to bed i get out for a couple hrs and have fun. I try and go during daylight also when i can. Im hoping this site will help me identify any items that i might have no clue what they are, lol. I recently found my first silver coin, a 1910 Barber dime, and my first "real" jewelry find, a sterling silver ear ring with an amethist stone set in it (it looks really old by the way the ear loop was soldered on to the charm). Ive been detecting since March 3, 2013. Ive only had the opportunity to detect local parks so far, and my back yard (which actually turned out to be a lot of finds). Ive purchased a Garrett pro pointer and just got to use it today for the first time. AWESOME tool! And ordered a 4" coil also. So please have patience with me on any termanology or unknown finds, thanks in advance.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania!
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Louisiana for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from the Granite State, New Hampshire! You sound like you are off to an awesome start. Many of us don't find old coins for years, let alone silver ones.

Seven kids must keep you very busy! I know 3 kept me on my toes. Husband and daughter were on the volunteer FD in our town, so I know what FD service can be like. Thank you and stay safe!

Enjoy the hobby and being a member of TNet. This is a great forum. Nice folks who can help answer questions, a good place to "brag" about your finds and a place to meet new friends.

HH (Happy Hunting),
Anita

OP
OP
F

fireford10

Apr 4, 2013
Bossier City, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone! this site is turning out to be more interesting than Face Book! lol. Ive looked at and read some really cool stuff so far.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread