What's new

Roswell, NM Parks

k0bgalan

Sr. Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2026
Messages
282
Reaction score
851
Golden Thread
0
Location
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
All Garrett: Ace 250 (two), AceApex, VX-9. Have owned just about every Garrett ever made. First three detecter I made myself, with the first one in 1962.
There is one reoccurring theme in all of my scanning over the years (since 1962, home made BFO)—some days all you dig turns out to be trash, or just dimes, or just quarters, etc. Yesterday it was mostly quarters (nine in total) and today mostly jewelry. The photo sort of speaks for itself. The bracelet I'm sure belonged to a young girl, but unfortunately the Park Dept. doesn't have a lost and found.
 

Attachments

  • tempImageTb1jM3.webp
    tempImageTb1jM3.webp
    141.8 KB · Views: 98
  • Finds.webp
    Finds.webp
    80.6 KB · Views: 62
Upvote 9
Very nice finds - congrats ! :icon_thumleft:
 
There is one reoccurring theme in all of my scanning over the years (since 1962, home made BFO)—some days all you dig turns out to be trash, or just dimes, or just quarters, etc. Yesterday it was mostly quarters (nine in total) and today mostly jewelry. The photo sort of speaks for itself. The bracelet I'm sure belonged to a young girl, but unfortunately the Park Dept. doesn't have a lost and found.
I'm in Roswell. I haven't hunted the parks here in a long time. Good luck to you!
 
Been to Roswell a couple of times. I thought it was kind of neat how the town embraces the 'alien' thing, but doesn't seem to go completely overboard with it. I liked how the street lamps on the main drive through town light up green at night with the eyes painted on them. I saw a few people dressed as aliens and roller skating. One of the store owners told us the alien convention gets pretty crazy in town.
 
It does get crazy, and this year was no exception. Downtown traffic literally gets shut down. I haven't heard the estimated numbers yet, so I can't say if it beat any records. Funny thing about records, the Alien Museum gets more years traffic than Carlsbad Caverns does. All this over a crashed Army experiment meant to detect a Russian atom blast, that would have never worked due to the EMP thus generated.
 
There is one reoccurring theme in all of my scanning over the years (since 1962, home made BFO)—some days all you dig turns out to be trash, or just dimes, or just quarters, etc. Yesterday it was mostly quarters (nine in total) and today mostly jewelry. The photo sort of speaks for itself. The bracelet I'm sure belonged to a young girl, but unfortunately the Park Dept. doesn't have a lost and found.
Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom