What's new

rough day

captain redbeard

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2015
Messages
580
Reaction score
1,038
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't been out in a couple weeks and we have had tons of rain. Unfortunetely my field has the tallest corn around ( about 4ft now :unhappysmiley: ), but gave it a couple hours. Was tough hunting for sure, didn't get skunked though.

1 broke and one small crude point.

20150620_142242.webp20150620_142417.webp20150620_142432.webp
 

Attachments

  • 20150620_115551.webp
    20150620_115551.webp
    267.7 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 0
thank you. Was well worth fighting the heat and bugs :laughing7:
 
nice baby toad too
 
Corn is tall here to. If the field has any run off wash area try looking in those spots. The fields here are on hills mostly which creates run off places. I always look in those areas and usually find something good.
 
yea... I'm not sure how that frog got attached to this thread I took it for my girlfriend (frog lover, go figure :tongue3:) I actually did walk more of the parts of the field that corn wasn't as tall and did find a couple runoffs, but no luck in them. I found the whole point actually by reaching down to pick up a shard and something "shined" in my peripheral and what do you know a point sitting perfect between rows.
 
there were hundreds of those toads in this field, I felt like I was walking on ice once I saw these little guys jumping everywhere.
 
You did better than I have done so far (not complaining, I just have more searching to do!). Thanks for sharing.

I am glad you included the little toad even if accidentally. Your description reminded me of one time when I was a kid my family and I were camping on a muddy island on the St. Croix river (we called it mud island) and the West side of the island was extremely muddy and covered with little toads much like you describe, hard to step anywhere and avoid stepping on them.

Good luck and happy hunting,
Eric
 
thanks eric. I've actually never seen anything like it especially growing up in the country.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom