What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Round brass clip thing

Wobbleshank

Jr. Member
Joined
May 7, 2020
Messages
32
Reaction score
65
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this at a farmstead dating back to the late 1800s. It appears to slide onto something. I assume it's inexpensive jewelry or something?

Anyone know?
 

Attachments

  • round-clip.webp
    round-clip.webp
    809.5 KB · Views: 204
I would say it's a belt clip for a pocket watch.
It would have a chain from it to a clip for the watch.
Similar to this
 

Attachments

  • belt loop watch fob back.webp
    belt loop watch fob back.webp
    229.1 KB · Views: 66
  • belt loop watch fob.webp
    belt loop watch fob.webp
    183.1 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Upvote 1
Folks, these are actually clothing fasteners… one second let me dig the patent up…
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
There were no clear images on the patent pg, as well antique clothes fasteners. search brought up nothing similar. Are you confusing this item with decorative brossch pin fasteners by chance?
I find the pdf perfectly clear; I can download it or zoom in to any page. Google isn’t the judge and jury of all things, especially not a patent like this which is seldom encountered since it was a dead end, replaced by zippers and hooks. The typology of the original post strongly suggests this ID. I’d like to know if the post is there internally in the find pictured above or not, if the original poster would be kind enough to reply. If there’s no post, then it’s not this type of fastener.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Type of buckle?
Replies
1
Views
417
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Odd brass piece
Replies
1
Views
342
Replies
6
Views
567

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom