What's new

round point and one of my best.

jj358

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2014
Messages
52
Reaction score
84
Golden Thread
0
Location
eastern kentucky
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm puzzled on the round point, anyone know what it is? And the big one was found in my front yard,after we hooked up to the local sewer. I'm still amazed that the backhoe didn't break it.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    201.1 KB · Views: 127
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    201.6 KB · Views: 137
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    149.4 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 0
Round point looks like a hafted Scraper.
 
I agree with willjo on the first one. That second point is really nice too! Keep hunting that area.
 
These are older finds. I no longer live where the big point was found. It was found in Ohio. I moved back to Kentucky 3 years ago, and just found my box of artifacts a few days ago. Thanks for the I.d on the round one. I will post pics of my other stuff later.
 
The rounded point could be a reworked point? I have found a couple like that. Tony
 
Both of those are nice! Thanks for sharing.
 
Nice stripes on the large one.
 
The round one, if the edge is still there is likely a knife, and a nice one. Halfted scraper would be blunted for scraping and it would not have the usual edge found on knives and points.

I think they are both nice knives.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom