What's new

rubber matting for sluice

spawn00x

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
332
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70
Hi, I am looking to make my own sluice and am wondering where I can purchase ribbed rubber matting. I checked Lowes and Home Depot but came up empty. Any information would be appreciated.

Thank You

Art
 
Hi Art,

If you're looking for the small ribs like is used in the cleanup sluices, Ace Hardware has it. Comes 3' wide by how ever many feet you want. For the big deep ribs try A & B Prospecting in Mesa, Arizona. They have Nomad (miners moss) and different carpet. Thier prices anren't bad & shipping well, shipping is shipping. Hopes that helps!

Oh yeah, if you get the small ribbed stuff ffrom Ace before you install it, lay it on the driveway or patio and give it a good scrub with some Dawn dishsoap. It has a mold release that is like silicone. After a good scrubbing it works great!
 
Thanks, I'm looking for something with deep grooves to catch the smaller gold. I'll try both places, thank you.
 
Glad to help!!

I'm not too sure how the moderators feel about promoting sources other than the sponsers, But if you get stuck drop me a PM & I'll try to help you with some other sources.
 
I've heard of others also using turf carpet to catch the fine stuff and they rinse that out an pan the mud in the bucket.
 
My sluice as coarse carpet, help get all the gold that runs over it, don't for get make it about 4 to 5 foot long if you can,
and for better results try keeping only 5" drop from top to bottom when placing it in the stream. good luck
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom