Rules on callout. Dealer contacting customers (ME) to belittle other dealers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what ar the rules about talking about what a Metal Detector Dealer said and did to me in messages on this forum.

I wont name any names as of yet but here is the story.

I started price shopping for new detector pricing i called lets say dealer A first and got a price i then about a week later called Dealer B. I talked to both dealer A and Dealer B about buying a detector and dealer B sent me an invoice but i was involved in a accident so i informed him i would have to wait. So about 3 days later i get messages From Dealer B stating how a crook, convicted felon and a BUNCH of bad things dealer A was. I dont mean like little bad things but REALLY bad things. He then continued to raise the phone and in email. Now he is raising the price by 300$ more. He kept telling me next time i talked to dealer A to let him know i had sent him a surprise and to be ready.

So what do i do in this situation. I don't know dealer A other than from emails and from calling and asking him pricing on detectors so i have no reason to be drug in the middle of this. Now dealer B has blocked and deleted me on Facebook. So i posted a long post about how i thought it was wrong and all that on his business page and he just deleted that also.

There is more to this story ad far as what was said and links and all that but just wanted opinions
Thanks

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I'd go with dealer C.

Did you go down to the "Supporting Vendors" section here and find one off that list?

Supporting Vendors

OP
OP
A

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i have dealt with vendor A more than once and he is VERY well known.

OP
OP
A

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one messaging me and telling me all this information is not on the list.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what kinda of REALLY bad things? Kinda like "Dealer A once stepped on a crack purposely to break Dealers B's mothers back"?

Send a PM if you'd like - I'm really curious!

OP
OP
A

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i would rather not say just yet but its not something you want to joke around about b/c it involves children. I also jus received an email that i was signed up for the same type of offenders watch list to recieve emails if one moved close by. I know i didn't sign up for it???

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a whole lot of other dealers out there and I would step away from these two and shop elsewhere.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So what ar the rules about talking about what a Metal Detector Dealer said and did to me in messages on this forum.
Keep it to yourself ,and move on .
Gary

OP
OP
A

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep it to yourself ,and move on .
Gary

See there is the issue. The dealer contacted me on on my personal facebook page to call out another dealer for no reason. He then proceeded to raise the prices b/c apparently he said i was price checking for another dealer. He then proceeded to tell me about how much of monster the other dealer was then if that was not enough he started sending me links and simply wouldn't just stop. Then Boom blacked me from his facebook page and messages. Its the fact that a dealer would be willing to contact a customer directly that they do not know and talk like this??

OP
OP
A

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill put it this way if you would like to know who to avoid all the drama with please PM me and ill give you some info.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did this happen through this forum or the other forum you posted this same topic on??!?

S

stefen

Whats the purpose of washing your dirty laundry in public?

Sounds like a 1st grader on the playground.

OP
OP
A

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did this happen through this forum or the other forum you posted this same topic on??!?

Well it started when i was searching for a dealer to call for pricing on a new detector. So really neither forum i guess.

OP
OP
A

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats the purpose of washing your dirty laundry in public?

Sounds like a 1st grader on the playground.

You can say that if you want. The reason i asked the question was b/c the dealer messaged me and accused the other dealer of being a child molester among other things then started telling me that i was helping this other dealer out by calling dealers to get their pricing and reporting it back to him. So yes you can say i am washing this in public b/c the dealer is about as pathetic as they come if you must resort to getting in touch will possible customers to tell them how sorry another dealer was. Now that to me is the true definition of a 1st grade playground. So think what you want to but i just wanted people to be aware of the type of people they think that their so called GREAT dealers are.

OP
OP
A

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not named any names but i have contacted who i think needs to be contacted so i will follow those steps and allow it to sort itself out. I did not ask to be in the middle of this crazy battle but now that i have been drug into it for some reason ill do what i think is best. That is where i am at.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea well, what's the issue?
Avoid both and FB too!
Many reputable dealers are available that don't involve drama ��.
Buy exactly what you want at an expected price. DO NOT consider frivolous incentives!
Dig man, dig.
Peace ✌

OP
OP
A

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea well, what's the issue?
Avoid both and FB too!
Many reputable dealers are available that don't involve drama ��.
Buy exactly what you want at an expected price. DO NOT consider frivolous incentives!
Dig man, dig.
Peace ✌

lol

otrkid70

May 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Dealer B sounds like a Scumbag. You should OUT him so i know not to deal with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread