SilverForBrains
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Feb 1, 2012
- Messages
- 2,452
- Reaction score
- 739
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Hi all,
I was getting in the last few hours of daylight in the woods last night and felt like I was being watched. I also heard next to the water (but covered by brush) what I thought to be a deer, but turns out I was likely wrong. 100 feet away I nearly walk right over a brand new fire pit, with dry wood (it rained the night before). so basically I was all over this guy's camp, and he was probably hiding waiting for me to go away. my guess is homeless, there is no hunting in these woods. could be a few boy scouts but seems very unlikely.
When I MD in New JErsey, especially in denser areas I find a lot of ramshackle tents. haven't stumbled across the residents yet, I try and steer clear.
Anyone have interesting stories about encountering the homeless in the woods? I for one am very sympathetic with their situation and don't mind at all, they likely just want to be left alone
I was getting in the last few hours of daylight in the woods last night and felt like I was being watched. I also heard next to the water (but covered by brush) what I thought to be a deer, but turns out I was likely wrong. 100 feet away I nearly walk right over a brand new fire pit, with dry wood (it rained the night before). so basically I was all over this guy's camp, and he was probably hiding waiting for me to go away. my guess is homeless, there is no hunting in these woods. could be a few boy scouts but seems very unlikely.
When I MD in New JErsey, especially in denser areas I find a lot of ramshackle tents. haven't stumbled across the residents yet, I try and steer clear.
Anyone have interesting stories about encountering the homeless in the woods? I for one am very sympathetic with their situation and don't mind at all, they likely just want to be left alone
I'da been freaked out too!
I know a "lot" of homeless guys and gals. Usually if you don't bother them they won't bother you.Thing is that from their view they are only interested in a few things. Eating, drinking or drugs and a place to stay warm. They want money but they don't care about it. To them money is only another means of getting what they truly want; booze or drugs. Yes, there are exceptions I know ok.









