What's new

RUST??? I don't know

arbrnirish

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 21, 2017
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this quarter in a hand full of change. It looks rusted, but I was under the impression that coins don't rust.

17440138_10154966698051397_1358223041_n.webp

17439819_10154966699151397_1448894966_n.webp

Any help you... well... help.

Thank you
 
Upvote 4
Welcome to the forum. Looks like you got someone else's dug quarter
 
Trap hit it on the head...somebody putting dug coins back into circulation...just this weekend, at the convenient store, I didn't want to use my debit card to buy a newspaper, so I grabbed my pouch and my wire brush and gave some quarters a quick clean...got a funny look at first, but they know me and know what I do. ..Ddf
 
Thank you for the help
 
Yep, most clad Washington quarters that have been in the ground for a while are going to turn an orange / brown color.
Clad Quarters, (1965 to present ), are 75% copper and 25% nickel. These are nonferrous metals. Nonferrous metals don't rust.
 
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post arbrnirish - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom