Rutherford County, NC.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the TNet Bhibbs. Don't know about the military part, but I do know that the first gold rush in the USA was there in NC. And the first gold coin minted by the USA was struck close to you over in Rutherfordton at Bechtler's mint.
Used to live just down the road from Chimney Rock and Lake Lure. Was ER RN at the hospital in Forest City for several years. Does Nugget Noggin still have a shop in Forest City?

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any info on military activity in the Forest City Area of North Carolina? No record of any battles or skirmishes. Have forested land I plan to go through with my Garrett but was hoping some info to know what I might be looking for
Welcome to Tnet. Here's a few links to get you started. Good luck on your future hunts. Looking forward to seeing what you find.

-MM-

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any info on military activity in the Forest City Area of North Carolina? No record of any battles or skirmishes. Have forested land I plan to go through with my Garrett but was hoping some info to know what I might be looking for
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS over to FORUM: NORTH CAROLINA for more exposure.

tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum NEW MEMBER INSTRODUCTIONS Description: New to TreasureNet? Introduce yourself to our community here! Welcome aboard and Happy Hunting!

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the TNet Bhibbs. Don't know about the military part, but I do know that the first gold rush in the USA was there in NC. And the first gold coin minted by the USA was struck close to you over in Rutherfordton at Bechtler's mint.
Used to live just down the road from Chimney Rock and Lake Lure. Was ER RN at the hospital in Forest City for several years. Does Nugget Noggin still have a shop in Forest City?
Not sure about Forest City area but their is a lot of history close to you. About 1 1/2 hour drive NE of Forest City was Fort Dobbs State Historic Site. It was built during the French & Indian War in the Mid 1700's. Their was a battle there between the Cherokee and the Provincial soldiers but no MD allowed. Good luck!

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bhibbs

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2024
Not sure about Forest City area but their is a lot of history close to you. About 1 1/2 hour drive NE of Forest City was Fort Dobbs State Historic Site. It was built during the French & Indian War in the Mid 1700's. Their was a battle there between the Cherokee and the Provincial soldiers but no MD allowed. Good luck!
Thanks. Was not aware of that.

OP
OP
B

Bhibbs

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2024
Thanks for the info. I live an hour south of our property in Forest City. Was downtown FC at Christmas and didn't see any MD type shops at least not downtown.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread