What's new

Rye patch

sushidingo

Full Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2015
Messages
189
Reaction score
568
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster pro, at gold. Gold monster 1000. Equinox 800, sdc 2300, soon D2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy and I are shooting rye patch. Was wondering if anyone had any pointers.
 
One needs to be a bit careful in the Rye Patch area. A checkerboard of private and public land means a bit of research to find what is available for detecting. Questions regarding ownership and active mining claims should be addressed to the county assessor and county recorder. The major safety consideration in my opinion is rattlesnakes. I have friends who have several claims in the area who regularly find snakes in both their camp and their diggings.

As far as the nature of the gold, anything from under 1/10 gram to several grams is possible, with most I have found well into the lesser of the range. On some specific plots drywashing can produce up to a half ounce of fines daily.

in short: Be sure. Be safe. Have fun.
 
Alright sounds good. Already ran into a cpl snakes. Thanks for the advice
 
Should the snakes be troublesome, dispatch them safely and efficiently then invite them to the frying pan or stew pot. I prefer sautéed with butter, garlic, and onions.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom