Saddenned by the discontinued Fisher F2

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My brother in law wanted to buy his wife a Fisher F2 with my recommendations for Christmas and I was saddened to find out they are discontinuing this model.
I started seriously detecting 2 years ago and started with the F2. It paid for itself twice with clad, jewelry, and silver finds.
Every site I go to has the F2 listed as "out of stock" which possibly is a clue to it being discontinued.
This is a great machine for the price. I got the bundle from bigboyhobbies. I upgraded to a DD coil and really expanded my finds.
Is there a compatible machine in the Fisher line that is plug and play like this one?
I still have my F2 in my detecting arsenal as a secondary machine.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sorry to hear that.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too started with a Fisher F2 and for the price it was a beast, and super fast too.
It looks like the F4 is like the F2 but with ground balance.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can still pick them up used for about $100 on auction sites.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
been gone for awhile now. Replaced by the F11/22/44 series

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
They were discontinued awhile ago, there was no bigger fan of this model than me and mine found me more than 10 X's it's cost in the time I spent with it.

The F22 is supposedly its replacement, a different and better battery system, more features and weatherproof on top of everything else.

Thing change, time moves on as do we.

Over on FM Monte started a thread asking about the big brother...an F44.
Similar but with a few more features than the F22.
Turns out he was looking for a unit to lend out to one of his grandkids when they visit but it worked so much better than just well he is adding it to his arsenal for personal use.

I have thousands of hours standing behind an F2 and an F70....FTP sells so many products that just work and work well including the lower end Fishers.

Last edited:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Theres one in the for sale section here for 100 bucks shipped. Hard to beat for that price.

aaroncr

Dec 29, 2016
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've thought about picking up one of fishers smaller detectors for loaners,..or perhaps a eurotek pro...I wish I could say my journey for the first few years included products in the fisher line. Sadly it didn't....my experience was much more painful lol. .....but I'm there now. They make some great machines.

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still use mine, works great with a Cors scout coil. A bit chatty without the manual ground balance though, have to reduce sensitivity a bit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread