What's new

Saddle part? Civil War?

DirtyMike

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
898
Reaction score
106
Golden Thread
1
Location
West Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, MXT, TDI, Tejon, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:dontknow: I am researching this for someone else. I have seen them before in a relic book I just can't find it now.
 

Attachments

  • saddle piece.webp
    saddle piece.webp
    108.9 KB · Views: 283
More like a shield shaped buckle.

Leather strap guide?
 
Upvote 0
If a brass saddle size plate, grommet, buckle or stirrup iron is found today, it may be from the CW period, and yet McClellan saddles were still being made for military use into the 1940's...75 years after the civil war.

I rode with a contingent of ex-marines led by the Base Commander, and colors were presented by the Mounted Color Guard, all who used a newer McClellan saddle rig....presentation brought tears to your eyes.

In fact, these same saddles are still being made today.
 
Upvote 0
we have had a few of these buckles posted before, maybe someone can pull them up?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom