What's new

Saddle shield

jefg231

Full Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
134
Reaction score
181
Golden Thread
1
🥇 Banner finds
1
Any thoughts on this saddle shield? Is the acorn shape of any significance. (Order of the acorn?)It was found amongst some buckles, estimate the site goes back to the 1700's.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    373.7 KB · Views: 177
Upvote 14
It looks old,your best bet might be to take some pics of both sides and try it on the what is it forum. a acorn is usually a design of the U.S. fourteenth corps- civil war..
 
If its got a few lugs on the back then it is a horse leather mount. I don't think it has any connection to the order of the acorn. I've had lots of acorn shaped leather mounts of various sizes, its just a popular design.
 
Last edited:
AT FIRST GLANCE I THOUGHT IT WAS THE BELL TELEPHONE EMBLEM ....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom