San Antonio Metal Detector Permit

l0cke

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wanted to let you folks know, it took me over a month to get my permit taken care of. I'd e-mailed it in and then about a month later e-mailed to ask about it and it was sent back the same day. The PDF quality was poor, so I uploaded it to Google Docs, downloaded it as a zipped HTML file, turning the PDF into an image. Then I took that image, downloaded Infranview (a great free image editing and viewing software) and used the "Sharpen" function three times. That enabled me to print it out somewhat legibly. I'd thought it was my printer ink at first, until I sharpened the image. It wouldn't print very well.. the next was too light.

Anyhow, I hope that helps anyone interested in hunting city parks in San Antonio. You will be turned away by park rangers or police officers if you don't have a permit.

A permit can list 20 parks on it and is only good for six months.

Here's where you can get the permit information and a copy to print out that you can scan in and e-mail or fax in to the SA Parks and Recreation office with the information on the permit page.

http://www.sanantonio.gov/parksandrec/metaldetecting.aspx

You can also look at where the parks are located.. I spent a lot of time and shuld have documented everything I did to find where the parks are, but I didn't. I just chose the 20 closest to where I live and work.

Regards,

l0cke

One of the rules state "No tools for digging of any kind are allowed". Hmmm....

One of the rules state "No tools for digging of any kind are allowed". Hmmm....

Thats like saying you can hunt but can't dig to see whats under the ground. So what good is the permit?
You need to come with us to hunt for the Battle of Medina on Sat and Sunday. May 19th and 20th. See the post here in this texas section. Read down untill you get to the section of the May 19th and 20th.

I was gonna get the permit when I visited there until they told me that "you can metal detect but you can't use a digging tool of any kind" I thought what the heck and didn't go through the hassle.

Hi, I'm new to Detecting and I live in San Antonio. Is there any way I can Partner with you some day on Metal Detecting in San Antonio? Thanks. Here's my email. [email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back