Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With a pic of Mt. Princeton on the way. I liked the flag in the field. Camped two nights and just wandered around. Found a prehistoric rock shelter in the Elephant Rocks area, but it had a more modern addition of a rock wall on the side. Actual entrance is to the left around the corner. Pictograph inside which I can't really make out.

Attachments

• 5-26cc.jpg
    5-26cc.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 5-26dd.jpg
    5-26dd.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 5-26ee.jpg
    5-26ee.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 5-27aaa.jpg
    5-27aaa.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 46
  • 5-27bbb.jpg
    5-27bbb.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 44

erfranks

Mar 3, 2021
Cape Coral, Fl
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-2B
Minelab Equinox 800
White TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful Picture, Happy Memorial Day

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What area of Colorado are those pics in? Very pretty.
With the exception of the Chalk Cliffs, west side of the mysterious San Luis Valley, west of La Garita and north of Del Norte, Penitente Canyon area. I used to go to the east side, but the camp host at Zapata told me Penitente Canyon was where the weird stuff happened, so I spend more time there now. Haven't really seen anything weird yet. See a lot of interesting things though.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't hear any loud booms this time?

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking of buying some land near there before money becomes totally worthless. I've been looking.
Hey just a heads up, you can buy land there all day long for little to nothin but check in to the local zoning laws first if you intend to live on it. Depending on what you buy, it can run up to a whole bunch of money just to get the place up to code so they will let you live on it. They do enforce those codes. Which you will see is a good deal and necessary, if you ever get down there and see what's movin in. Plus they don't like white people. Just kidding about that last part. If you work hard and have a respect for the land, they like you.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
With a pic of Mt. Princeton on the way. I liked the flag in the field. Camped two nights and just wandered around. Found a prehistoric rock shelter in the Elephant Rocks area, but it had a more modern addition of a rock wall on the side. Actual entrance is to the left around the corner. Pictograph inside which I can't really make out.

Rginn, that last image . . . I similarities to another you posted, but I can tell it isn't the same drawing. Same site?

Be well.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No that's a whole different site, Chadeux. First time I came across this one.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
One sign is at both sites . . . I drew it, while the shape is slightly different on both, it does appear to be the same symbol:

attachment.php

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll have to pull that pic up and look it over, Chadeux. Also, there's more to that pictograph off to the left that I didn't spot til I got home and was going through pics. I thought people might notice that one rock, which was placed there and the holes chiseled in to it. You only spot it when you're lookin directly at it.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful scenery and well said..I would love to drive across the states someday..we visited Kansas several times and would love to pass thru again

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know Chadeaux, I was down there yesterday to get a better pic of that pictograph, caused I missed some of it, and BLM has put up new signs, a bunch, sayin that area is closed and you will be fined for unauthorized entry. I didn't understand why, as I didn't see any vandalism or overuse goin on in that area. I've never seen anybody in there really. I couldn't come in from the backside and plead ignorance, as they had them there, too. So I respected their signs and moved on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread