Relic Hunting

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is a subscription based service. You may find access through your local(big city) library or university. I've seen a good number of older posts on a few forums re: trial subscriptions being offered, but that seems to be a thing of the past.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone was about to give me access to the maps through their institution but then realized that by doing so would have basically given me the "keys to the kingdom" so it never happened.

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go to your public library's website or go there in person. They should have access to it.

DialTForTreasure

Jan 7, 2013
The reason these pieces no longer work is, they were not intended to be free access. Someone from Sanborn probably did a search a long time ago, saw people were giving free access, and beefed up security. From what I can tell from reading this thread, you have to have some sort of institutional access. What this means precisely, I'm not sure. College or Library maybe?

osage express

Oct 22, 2012
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236-x2 --Whites TM808---Whites Bullseye 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found if you go to your local library and get a card you can access your library's online database and sanborn maps will be there. Does anyone know where the maps that were removed from the database went? Anything old on A.C.O.E. land is not there...

KGCnewbieseeker

Oct 29, 2005
FL
what state and county? Do you have an area name for example you can share Im not sure what your looking for so I can't tell whats missing or if it is missing maybe just refiled under something else?

Diane

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Followed thread for sanborn maps user Houston...password...love.I used it today, but I need something they don't have...happy hunting, Diane

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread