What's new

Sand Shark in Wildwood NJ

koolmac68

Greenie
Joined
May 25, 2009
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
south jersey
Detector(s) used
whites DFX 300
Out surveying the Wildwood beach for my next outing and I ran into this at low tide. Makes me wonder how many times I might have stepped on a Sand shark while in the surf hunting.
 

Attachments

  • 017.webp
    017.webp
    83.2 KB · Views: 8,835
  • 018.webp
    018.webp
    55.9 KB · Views: 2,558
  • 019.webp
    019.webp
    68.6 KB · Views: 4,893
Upvote 0
I guess the Tesoro trademark is on the other side.....
 
Yikes!!! Actually makes you wonder what else is lurking. I am always leary of murky water. :-\
 
The little guy was fine after we put him back in the deep water. He got caught by a fisherman and was disoriented after he was taken off the hook.
 
The fisherman didn't put the shark back into deeper water ? He/she just left the fish there to die ?
 
The fisherman didnt realize the shark had made his way back to shore until he saw a crowd gathering. He came over, picked up the shark like it was a kitten or something and walked into the surf about 20 feet and let him go. Brave guy.
 
That is a smooth dogfish. You could lip it like a big mouth bass when they are that size. I am glad to hear he corrected his mistake. As a kid, the old timers used to break their noses on the side of the boat so that the sharks couldn't "steal" any more bait. A full grown one is about 3 ft - 4ft. They pull well, taste OK, and are important for a healthy ocean. Thanks for the pictures.

-FH
 
Kewl pics!

Thanks for the post! LOL love the Tesoro Comment!

CB
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom