Sand Shark opinions

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These two are at different ends of the choice of what to use. The Whites just doesn't stack up on depth or power usage of batteries. The Sand Shark is a PI and as such has very little discrimination to iron. It does however work well all over the world unlike the Beach Hunter ID that can only be taken down 20 in the water and sometimes is unstable in the saltwater surf when waves wash over the coil.

Something to think about with the Whites also is it comes with a floating coil which is a real pain in the rear while using it in the water. There is a weighed coil available at the extra expense of sending it in to Whites to have the coil installed. The Sand Shark has a connector that you can change coils yourself.

When you get ready to order, contact Tony at tcmetaldetectors.com Tony has helped many on the forum.

OP
OP
azmetaldetector

azmetaldetector

Sep 22, 2005
Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites MXT Pro
Well I made the decision and went with the........Tiger Shark... ::)
Decided that I wanted a machine that would discriminate and I could have as a backup detector on land to my White's MXT and that my kids could use if they ever get into the hobby. Decided the Sand Shark would only be used very occasionally so the $ would be better spent on a machine I could use more often

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You made a wise choice with the Tiger Shark. In my opinion the only thing better for most hunting is the Excal or Sov GT.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread