What's new

Sand Shark Question

DirtyTrinkitDigger

Full Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2012
Messages
129
Reaction score
12
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
SE Explorer Pro, Excalibur 1000, Pro Find 25, BlissTool LTC64X v.3, Tesoro Tiger Shark, ATPro, Pro Pinpointer,
White's Beach Hunter ID 300 and Bullseye II Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought an Excal and broke the knobs before I could put the guard on it so I sent it back and got the Sand Shark. I do miss my Tiger Shark so my question is can I use the SS in the freshwater lake where I live, of should I get another TS? I do have the other half of what the Excal cost me left over.
 
yes.. you can use the sand shark in fresh water lakes, but it has no discrimination so u will be digging everything.. and most lakes have a bunch of trash/iron.. at least where i live in northern cali..

as far as getting the tiger shark that would be up to you... i dont mind digging everything so me personally i got a sand shark that way i could hit the salt water beaches in santa cruz as well....

the sand shark is a beast for sure!!
 
Last edited:
Tiny pieces of hairpins will take years to rust away in freshwater and you will spend a goodie amount of time digging them with the Sand Shark. I would get the Tiger Shark too with the smaller coil.
 
Well, I have gone and done it. I just ordered the Tiger Shark. I am starting to get the hang of the Tesoro detectors and really am enjoying the Sand Shark right now. In a month or two, I will be ordering the Outlaw. I had the older style Tiger Shark with removable coils and after I traded it I realized that I was just starting to understand how it worked. I am not knocking the Excal that I sent back because I broke a couple of the knobs off before I could get the knob guard on, but now I will have two great water detectors for less than the price of the Excal. Best of all is the Lifetime warranty. Man what a great deal.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom