Sand Shark Vs Tiger Shark?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which Tesoro would you consider the better for salt water beaches, Sand Shark or the Tirger Shark? I am considering 2nd unit for my beach hunting, and at this time I do not scuba dive. I currently have a Whites Beach Hunter ID.

I do some lake hunting, but the majority of my hunting is the Florida beaches. I love the fact Tesoro comes with life time warranty.

Thanks to any who reply. ;D

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are between a rock and a hard place in deciding between these two fine detectors. I've used both and can tell you that the larger coil on either is the way to go.

Tiger Shark is not as deep as a Sand Shark or any PI for that matter. It has a saltwater mode and handles the wet sand and black sand together fine. Both are waterproof to 200 feet. Deeper than I dive for sure. The Tiger Shark may be used even in the grass or woods well. It has good discrimination and will detect fine gold chains, something many other detectors have trouble with.

Sand Shark is a PI detector. Very well made also and extremely deep which is something you could use in the shifting sands at a coast. However it being a PI, it has almost no discrimination and loves small rusty iron or steel pieces. You could be digging deep holes for a nail. But at least you will know metal is down there and it could be a gold ring. If your old and feeble, the PI is not for you. The Sand Shark seems to last forever on a set of batteries too.

Both detectors you can change the coils unlike other water detectors. Let us know which one you decide, OK.

HH,
Sandman

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Sandman, your opinion is highly valued.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread