sand shark w/switchable coils value?

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
I didn't know you could switch coils on the Sand Shark, just ordered one with 8" coil. thought they were hardwired.

I didn't know you could switch coils on the Sand Shark, just ordered one with 8" coil. thought they were hardwired.
The old sand sharks had interchangeable coils....

Funny how everytime a company fiddles with an old machine its never quite the same. They should have stayed with that coil swap option.

Funny how everytime a company fiddles with an old machine its never quite the same. They should have stayed with that coil swap option.
If I remember correctly the company that made the connector went out of business and that was the reason for the change.

WARNING: There is a new "Sand Shark" from China - very cheap stuff and recently found on e-bay. Has picture of funny looking shark. Do NOT buy a metal detector w/o seeing pictures and knowing what you're actually buying. Buyer beware. Always demand the date of manufacture when buying a metal detector and check the serial number if possible. Some of the older detectors are reaching retail prices on e-Bay and purchasers are obviously not aware that it is an older (sometimes 5-15 yrs) machine! FYI

Treasure Hunter is right about the fittings. My Sharks have the changeable coils but I only can use the Clean Sweep Coil on the Tiger. Hope you got top dollar for your unit.

WARNING: There is a new "Sand Shark" from China - very cheap stuff and recently found on e-bay. Has picture of funny looking shark. Do NOT buy a metal detector w/o seeing pictures and knowing what you're actually buying. Buyer beware. Always demand the date of manufacture when buying a metal detector and check the serial number if possible. Some of the older detectors are reaching retail prices on e-Bay and purchasers are obviously not aware that it is an older (sometimes 5-15 yrs) machine! FYI
I saw that cheap detector with the same name but different logo too...I don't remember where.

thanks everyone for the pricing suggestions!! machine and coil are sold!!!

chuck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back