🥇 BANNER Santa came early this year

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Got out this last Saturday for a lil half day detect while the weather was nice and the wife was busy shopping.:laughing7:
Had planned to meet up and go to a certain spot with somebody but they fell through. So off to a closer spot and off to a new area I went.
I liked the angle of slope the exposed bedrock and the spot just screamed out at me since last time I walked over it and my group was well ahead so I had to pass it up and catch up with friends.
So I set my pack down and start setting up and tuning the GPZ and by the 3rd re tune it was ok at best, the ground was hot!! Start off as usual dig a few nails and bullets, then a nice 2 gram nugget pops up about 4-6" deep with a nice mellow but full sound. Really hoping this is a new patch to hunt and not the typical one nugget wonder spot..lol:icon_scratch: So it develops nicely into 5 nuggets and my power on the detector goes into low power alert. I was only intending for a short hunt so I did not recharge after my last full day of detecting. Now faced with a fresh patch and a dying detector.
I shut the wireless module off and jam in the headphones and continue to detect, only 1/3rd of the potential patch being swung over one time. I dig 1 more nugget and a couple pcs of trash, get a loud crisp target sounds shallow like a 22 cal bullet, dig it up and ohhh my bleep bleeping GOD of all things :angel7: a giant gold blob encrusted in dirt clay reveals itself in my 1st scoop of excavated material from 8-10" down a 35 gram nugget appears.
My hands literally shaking I snap a few photos and text my beautiful wife my prized find!! After years of digging 4 detectors and much faith patience and persistence I finally dug my 1st Ounce plus nugget!!!!

May your gold piles always out weight your trash piles!!! Credit to golden memories weight a ton..lol:icon_scratch:

Attachments

• IMG_4860 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_4860 - Copy.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 776
  • IMG_4861.JPG
    IMG_4861.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 411
  • IMG_4898.JPG
    IMG_4898.JPG
    966.3 KB · Views: 502
Upvote 0

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow! Amazing banner find. Congrats:occasion14:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Definitely will be re-swinging the whole spot for a few more times.
As coils go I don't have but 1 choice and that coil is not in my arsenal. A friend is swinging the 19" coil over it as we speak for a 80-20 split.
Honestly the 19" is just too big for me for the added 1-2" of penetration it gets on most gold.

It seems that with all those Gold Nuggets, you should be able to afford the coil you want. Anyways, congrats on some super nice Nugget finds! You should hit that location shortly after a good soaking, not flooding rain.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a boulder Merry Christmas I know some lucky prospector found a nugget worth about 80 grand and it was on display in a Bank in AZ for a long time don't know if it still is buy they found in lying on the ground !!!!!!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Christmas Gifts One Day Early! Well done but will you be ordering a second battery any time soon? Thank you for sharing!!..............63bkpkr

Crazybladez

Dec 1, 2018
Lakeside, Az
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm 6T
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That must have got the blood pumping! Congratulations! For those of us that have tried, we know how big of a deal it is. 👍👍

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Thanks to all for the many kind comments and good wishes!!

Oh my Banner, so proud, Thanks to all for helping me get here.

Tnet is loaded with great info and stories to help motivate and educate us all, Thanks!!

Merry Christmas to all and tons of keepers under your coils in the new year:3barsgold::treasurechest:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Congratulations. One heck of a find.:icon_thumright:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Gravel-washer : when it comes to what qualifies as the prestigious Banner category , one of the criteria has been a periodic switch in types of finds.

Eg.: one week a civil war Relic tends to capture the imagination. The next week a gold coin tends to command the respect . The next week a colonial key date coin might be the attaboy. Once in awhile, a nice fat California nugget has to be at the banner. Congratulations for taking that slot !

Congrats. And good to hear from a fellow Californian.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
It's definitely better to be lucky than good.

A good gold detectorist can hear the faintest of signals and develop it into a target. On the other hand a big nugget often times screams out if close to the surface and is quite easy to recover.

Had a mellow sounding target yesterday and the ground was so noisy the target disappeared. Went back today and still noisy but the dig pile sounded off nice and crisp today and I was able to recover my golden prize of Point 25 gram gold picker.

I put in about 8 hours and about 50 holes dug for 6 pcs and 3 grams

So proud to have my nugget up in the banner!!

Thanks all of you for helping me get it done:icon_thumright:

May your nuggets be Big deep and sweet sounding!!

Attachments

• IMG_4925.JPG
    IMG_4925.JPG
    916.4 KB · Views: 104

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
It's definitely better to be lucky than good.

A good gold detectorist can hear the faintest of signals and develop it into a target. On the other hand a big nugget often times screams out if close to the surface and is quite easy to recover.

Had a mellow sounding target yesterday and the ground was so noisy the target disappeared. Went back today and still noisy but the dig pile sounded off nice and crisp today and I was able to recover my golden prize of Point 25 gram gold picker.

I put in about 8 hours and about 50 holes dug for 6 pcs and 3 grams

So proud to have my nugget up in the banner!!

Thanks all of you for helping me get it done:icon_thumright:

May your nuggets be Big deep and sweet sounding!!

she is still putting out, fifty hole for 3 grams, not the best, but sure aint the worst. Heck I would dig it and have dug it for a lot less.

Congrats, aand keep showing us that gold from your banner location.

But make your next one a Tnet record.

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow! Nice find!!

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Hello all and thanks for all the encouragement and congrats.

I am fortunate to have a handful of good friends that detect and share spots with. About 5 other detectors have dug gold on the patch with everything from GPX series to Macro VLF machines.

So far some nice nuggets recovered by friends, a 1/2 ouncer a couple close to quarter ounce and a few of 1-3 gram pieces.

Best of luck to all my fellow treasure hunters!!:hello:

Attachments

• IMG_4930.JPG
    IMG_4930.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 73

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds Jay. would have voted banner but i was on vacation.

heading out to dig today. gold came out of the ground yesterday.. a swith from a gp7 to an sdc did it... we think the GPZ was having a coil issue. going back in today to dig down farther and rescan some of our tailings just in case.

i figured you had already scored a piece over an ounce and just hadn't shared.

Nice that two of us prospectors have banners for gold now.

im gonna head out and see if I can get another today.

Nice to see you posting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread