🥇 BANNER Santa came early this year

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Got out this last Saturday for a lil half day detect while the weather was nice and the wife was busy shopping.:laughing7:
Had planned to meet up and go to a certain spot with somebody but they fell through. So off to a closer spot and off to a new area I went.
I liked the angle of slope the exposed bedrock and the spot just screamed out at me since last time I walked over it and my group was well ahead so I had to pass it up and catch up with friends.
So I set my pack down and start setting up and tuning the GPZ and by the 3rd re tune it was ok at best, the ground was hot!! Start off as usual dig a few nails and bullets, then a nice 2 gram nugget pops up about 4-6" deep with a nice mellow but full sound. Really hoping this is a new patch to hunt and not the typical one nugget wonder spot..lol:icon_scratch: So it develops nicely into 5 nuggets and my power on the detector goes into low power alert. I was only intending for a short hunt so I did not recharge after my last full day of detecting. Now faced with a fresh patch and a dying detector.
I shut the wireless module off and jam in the headphones and continue to detect, only 1/3rd of the potential patch being swung over one time. I dig 1 more nugget and a couple pcs of trash, get a loud crisp target sounds shallow like a 22 cal bullet, dig it up and ohhh my bleep bleeping GOD of all things :angel7: a giant gold blob encrusted in dirt clay reveals itself in my 1st scoop of excavated material from 8-10" down a 35 gram nugget appears.
My hands literally shaking I snap a few photos and text my beautiful wife my prized find!! After years of digging 4 detectors and much faith patience and persistence I finally dug my 1st Ounce plus nugget!!!!

May your gold piles always out weight your trash piles!!! Credit to golden memories weight a ton..lol:icon_scratch:

Attachments

• IMG_4860 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_4860 - Copy.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 774
  • IMG_4861.JPG
    IMG_4861.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 410
  • IMG_4898.JPG
    IMG_4898.JPG
    966.3 KB · Views: 501
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Thanks Goldwasher!!

Nice to see your on some sweet specimens in your area. Great looking pieces your pulling out of the ground. You ready to sink a shaft..lol

Ya the Z coil can be a bit finicky if its been damaged or abused or a lil water or material in its cover.

Nice to hear your having some good detecting success, it's a total rush beeping gold. Sluicing got me hooked but detecting is keeping me at it.

Pocket gold to all for the new year!!!

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Well the patch is dying a slow death as all good things must. Last time out I managed 1 pc for 1/2 a gram and the next day a couple friends stopped by, one with a gpx the other a GpZ, they squeaked out some tiny bits 4 pcs for 19 grains.

New patches to all for the new year!!

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know I am late to the party, but have to leave a comment. Wow. Congrats! Thanks for sharing. That is what it is all about. Nuggets, friends, finds.
I detected Christmas day and got a gold ring in the water in Aruba. I would take any one of those nuggets over that any day of the week.

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm, I come by dead last, anyway, Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Funny, you will always Know That Nugget, even the smallest of the bunch, its shape etched into your mind...

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Thanks for the comments, hopefully 2019 will be a big nugget year for all!!

It seems the patch has died for now, so on to looking for fresh spots again.

eaglecent8

Greenie
Jan 17, 2019
eastern NC
Detector(s) used
X-terra 305 Minelab,Garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW! that is amazing! i don't know what to say!!!:hello2::icon_thumright:

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the comments, hopefully 2019 will be a big nugget year for all!!

It seems the patch has died for now, so on to looking for fresh spots again.

that is the key. finding the spots that havnt been swung over. zed or no zed. minelab or no minelab. my best finds could have been found with a radio shack detector. the user plays more of a part in success than the machine does. that is a phenomenal find to say the least!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread