traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This subject came up in another thread while talking about detecting. I thought I would start this thread to see if anyone had any encounters or had anything to say about the subject.

There was a young man that worked for me back in 90s at an ethanol facility. He had been a high school baseball coach down in southern Florida before coming to work for me. He swore he and a friend were out in a boat in the Swamp near dark and heard something moving along the edge of the swamp/water and smelled the most awful order. He said he could make out a bit of the silhouette of something big walking on two legs. He said he had never been so scared. He was froze and could not move till it passed. He never went back there again. I do not know what he saw but I believe he saw something. He called it a Skunk Ape. He was a very nice, level headed young man.

Crashbandicoot told me about the stories of the Boggy Creek Legend near him. There are many stories out there. If you have one share with us. You will be listened to with an open mind.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another one here in Arkansas is from the Wabbaseka Scatters, also a swamp area.The creature there is called bigfoot too and has been described as around 7 feet tall,manlike in appearance,covered in hair.Also the foul odor,which seems to be a characteristic of bigfoot creatures. Plaster casts of the purported tracks of both creatures have been made and turned over to authorities but no word has ever trickled out as to a possible ID of the tracks. No attack or any aggression has ever been reported with these creatures,most descriptions have been quote "shy and retiring" unquote.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True story. There is an Old, Evil, Brainless, and Twisted Resident in the White House. Can't get much scarier than this.
I cannot comment here on that devldog. That is political and I am trying to watch out on that and keep in political forums.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True story. There is an Old, Evil, Brainless, and Twisted Resident in the White House. Can't get much scarier than this.
That would be the Bigmouth,talks loudly and insensibly,when questioned,turns back and s---s on the questioner,thus the foul odor known to possess the creature. Definitely a scary beast.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be the Bigmouth,talks loudly and insensibly,when questioned,turns back and s---s on the questioner,thus the foul odor known to possess the creature. Definitely a scary beast.
OOps,didn,t mean that to be political,if so get rid of it. Since I didn,t call any names I thought it would pass. Sorry if not so.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like all these stories have in common the foul odor,described at various times as skunklike.Others as a stench,as in garbage, The Yeti,of the Himalayas and other cold snowy areas has not been reported to have the odor,maybe because of the cold.Almost all sightings seem to occur at night or in times of low visibility,suggesting that the creature is not abroad in the day unless flushed or fleeing.

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like all these stories have in common the foul odor,described at various times as skunklike.Others as a stench,as in garbage, The Yeti,of the Himalayas and other cold snowy areas has not been reported to have the odor,maybe because of the cold.Almost all sightings seem to occur at night or in times of low visibility,suggesting that the creature is not abroad in the day unless flushed or fleeing.
Thanks crash. I have never seen anything or heard anything as far as I know. But I know there are people out there that have or they know someone that has so I figured I would do this thread so they could speak openly without ridicule. But it looks like maybe that will not happen, so we may not hear from them. Oh well.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks crash. I have never seen anything or heard anything as far as I know. But I know there are people out there that have or they know someone that has so I figured I would do this thread so they could speak openly without ridicule. But it looks like maybe that will not happen, so we may not hear from them. Oh well.
They,ll be along.

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So there is no misunderstanding, I really appreciate all responses funny or serious and they all add value. Thank you. But some people are kind of shy if they think they will be made fun of so I want to keep it respectful for them. But what the hell. Does not matter I guess.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
According to reports,all sightings have been of fleeing creatures or at dusk or night time.Combined with the reported covering of body hair or fur,determination of the sex of the creature has been almost impossible.
Bet I could tell
All females are attracted to me

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of bigfoot stories on the Rivers.Not too far from me,on the Mississippi River is a huge sandbar known as Coopers Bar. Tugboat pilots plying the River use large,very bright searchlights to navigate at night.There are a number of reports of Pilots spying a large unidentified creature in the searchlight beams. Not a bear,it reportedly walks upright. Also reports of the same type of sightings on what,s called Island Number 44.Naturally the creatures are called the Coopers Bar Ape and Island 44 Bigfoot.

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seriously though, there used to be a member who went by the name ‘austin’
If I ever believed anyone it might be him.
He wouldn’t even recount his account, but it was apparent he saw something he would never forget
It was in Texas as I recall

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously though, there used to be a member who went by the name ‘austin’
If I ever believed anyone it might be him.
He wouldn’t even recount his account, but it was apparent he saw something he would never forget
It was in Texas as I recall
I believe you,re right,on all accounts.He saw something I,m convinced.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread