Sasquatch, Big Foot, Skunk Ape, Boggy Creek Legend

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not know Arkansas so remote. Fairly big state so yes, lots of room.
Down here in the Delta,lots of low swampy terrain with stands of old growth Cypress and adjacent second growth Hardwood interspersed with farm fields accessed by dirt roads.Not a lot of people there.I can go five minutes from my house and be along a small creek where usually you won,t see another person unless it,s planting or harvest time.Nice if you like to be by yourself.

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That girl from the Swamp I knew was named Hattie. I made a video of her. See if she rings a bell.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you really want to getaway from it all,the White River National Wikdlife Refuge is about an hour away.165,000 acres of true bottomland hardwood big woods.Some of it hasn,t had any people in there since the last time I was there. I,m good with a map and compass.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you really want to getaway from it all,the White River National Wikdlife Refuge is about an hour away.165,000 acres of true bottomland hardwood big woods.Some of it hasn,t had any people in there since the last time I was there. I,m good with a map and compass.
Strangely,this would be ideal for a squatch but I,ve never heard of a legend from there.Probably because no one goes into the real remote parts much.

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good to me. I like those places.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have been purportedly spotted, along with juveniles. Check out Steve Isadehl's (sp) youtube slot. Or search "Howtohunt.com". It will catch your intersest.
All kidding aside, Thom Powell has a great paperback book titled "The Locals: A Contemporary Investigation of the Bigfoot/Sasquatch Phenomenon. He is a former educator/skeptic that always coined the phrase, "Where are the pictures"? "How come we have never found a body"?
"Bigfoots ARE The Locals. They live here. They were here before we humans showed up on the continent and they will likely outlast us. This is a bigfoot book yet it probes much deeper than a simple treatment of the hackneyed question of Does Bigfoot Exist? "
Oregon Viking probably has some good input on this thread.

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All kidding aside, Thom Powell has a great paperback book titled "The Locals: A Contemporary Investigation of the Bigfoot/Sasquatch Phenomenon. He is a former educator/skeptic that always coined the phrase, "Where are the pictures"? "How come we have never found a body"?
"Bigfoots ARE The Locals. They live here. They were here before we humans showed up on the continent and they will likely outlast us. This is a bigfoot book yet it probes much deeper than a simple treatment of the hackneyed question of Does Bigfoot Exist? "
Oregon Viking probably has some good input on this thread.
Good post T. C.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
This subject came up in another thread while talking about detecting. I thought I would start this thread to see if anyone had any encounters or had anything to say about the subject.

There was a young man that worked for me back in 90s at an ethanol facility. He had been a high school baseball coach down in southern Florida before coming to work for me. He swore he and a friend were out in a boat in the Swamp near dark and heard something moving along the edge of the swamp/water and smelled the most awful order. He said he could make out a bit of the silhouette of something big walking on two legs. He said he had never been so scared. He was froze and could not move till it passed. He never went back there again. I do not know what he saw but I believe he saw something. He called it a Skunk Ape. He was a very nice, level headed young man.

Crashbandicoot told me about the stories of the Boggy Creek Legend near him. There are many stories out there. If you have one share with us. You will be listened to with an open mind.
Hi. Love this stuff.
Im in the middle of our type of thing here in OZ but it utterly fascinates me.
We have Yowie legends here, like big foots. Im on the no go side of those here.
But, we do have Big Cat legends that have some cred.
Native to our land were Tassie Tigers, a marsupial that even though skeletons of them have been found on our mainland, no ever sightings have been recorded since white man landed. They were for sure 100% in Tasmania when white man came. But are considered hunted out and extinct many many decades ago. It is possible given Tasmanias huge wilderness areas they may have adapted to hunting and changed their ways from open land foraging and hunting and gone deep into those wilderness areas. Id love to think they did as they were an awesome creature. I still believe the Tassie Tiger may exist still.
Here though on our Aussie Mainland, they are gone I believe 100%.
But, here on our mainland big introduced Cats I believe adapted.
In our Goldrush days, in the 1800s, the English and American brought to Australia, in Victoria, as sport, big cats to hunt. Our goldrush days were nuts. It was like a circus! Many exotic animals were brought here to show and, to hunt! That is a fact.
Lions, leopards and others. Many were easily shot, Lions especially. They said they didn't roam far and sat as easy targets in open areas. The others, many they said were never seen again. Disappeared into the bush.
Also, US soldiers in the very early 1900s brought mountain lion mascots here. A number are said to have been let loose when they left.
About 20 or so yrs ago a friend took me detecting to an area that was known for out of the usual stock attacks. He knew the farmer where we went.
I have never seen a bigger electric fence in my life as was around that sheep farm near the ranges we went to. It looked like it was to keep out some kind of monster. 8 foot high, numerous wires. Im "what the....is this for!?" He took me to a spot near it next to a huge dead tree. All around it were dozens of sheep bones and carcases. He said "the killing tree".
That was not from dogs, nor foxes. No way dingos either as there are very few if any left in Victoria. A few escaped about 100 ks away in a range from a neglected Dingo park, but this was no dogs. I can assure anyone, those escaped Dingos did not do that as I know personally the farmer where they escaped near, and was shown the pelts from them his son shot and how they killed the sheep.
This was very very different.
Many say they don't exist here now and never did, they 100% did though once, but they say they are gone if they did. From everything iv personally seen I fully believe they adapted and learnt to hunt and hide. I once saw an actual photo taken before digital, of a guy who on his bush property was attacked when he surprised one. He had deep rips all down his front. Anyone would be insane to have faked and slashed themselves like that!
I also saw and was shown a plaster cast by a guy I believe would never lie of a big cat print. It was no domestic cat print.

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. Love this stuff.
Im in the middle of our type of thing here in OZ but it utterly fascinates me.
We have Yowie legends here, like big foots. Im on the no go side of those here.
But, we do have Big Cat legends that have some cred.
Native to our land were Tassie Tigers, a marsupial that even though skeletons of them have been found on our mainland, no ever sightings have been recorded since white man landed. They were for sure 100% in Tasmania when white man came. But are considered hunted out and extinct many many decades ago. It is possible given Tasmanias huge wilderness areas they may have adapted to hunting and changed their ways from open land foraging and hunting and gone deep into those wilderness areas. Id love to think they did as they were an awesome creature. I still believe the Tassie Tiger may exist still.
Here though on our Aussie Mainland, they are gone I believe 100%.
But, here on our mainland big introduced Cats I believe adapted.
In our Goldrush days, in the 1800s, the English and American brought to Australia, in Victoria, as sport, big cats to hunt. Our goldrush days were nuts. It was like a circus! Many exotic animals were brought here to show and, to hunt! That is a fact.
Lions, leopards and others. Many were easily shot, Lions especially. They said they didn't roam far and sat as easy targets in open areas. The others, many they said were never seen again. Disappeared into the bush.
Also, US soldiers in the very early 1900s brought mountain lion mascots here. A number are said to have been let loose when they left.
About 20 or so yrs ago a friend took me detecting to an area that was known for out of the usual stock attacks. He knew the farmer where we went.
I have never seen a bigger electric fence in my life as was around that sheep farm near the ranges we went to. It looked like it was to keep out some kind of monster. 8 foot high, numerous wires. Im "what the....is this for!?" He took me to a spot near it next to a huge dead tree. All around it were dozens of sheep bones and carcases. He said "the killing tree".
That was not from dogs, nor foxes. No way dingos either as there are very few if any left in Victoria. A few escaped about 100 ks away in a range from a neglected Dingo park, but this was no dogs. I can assure anyone, those escaped Dingos did not do that as I know personally the farmer where they escaped near, and was shown the pelts from them his son shot and how they killed the sheep.
This was very very different.
Many say they don't exist here now and never did, they 100% did though once, but they say they are gone if they did. From everything iv personally seen I fully believe they adapted and learnt to hunt and hide. I once saw an actual photo taken before digital, of a guy who on his bush property was attacked when he surprised one. He had deep rips all down his front. Anyone would be insane to have faked and slashed themselves like that!
I also saw and was shown a plaster cast by a guy I believe would never lie of a big cat print. It was no domestic cat print.
Nice post Chilli. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread