Saturday... dig it 💪

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20190817_113256~2.jpgMessage_1566129418052.jpgIMG_20190817_220010_969.jpg20190817_134354.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like that first one, Cool! :icon_thumleft: Looks like you have quite a hole dug out there.

Nice Gatorboy, good to see you posting again too.

Cool dig picture. Wiggle pick or just a shovel? Seems like a lot of Florida diggers just shave the wall but I'd be afraid of dinging everything.

Last edited:
Is there a certain depth that you seem to find more artifacts at ? I have a few spots on the river that have banks like your pic and I always look at them and have even done some digging but haven’t had much luck
This is flat level high ground..the "bank" you see with full-size shovels laying up against it was completely created by hand.
The depth will depend on the site and what occupation is predominant there.. we always Dig Two The Hard pan that can be anywhere from two or three feet below the surface all the way to six or seven feet.. this site has produced points from Woodland all the way to paleo and could be found a foot or so below the surface or seven feet down on the hard pan.. a pretty good concentration of middle and early archaic runs on average between 3 and 5 feet

Cool dig picture. Wiggle pick or just a shovel? Seems like a lot of Florida diggers just shave the wall but I'd be afraid of dinging everything.

Just shaving with a cut down and sharpened shovel...slow and careful.. No gloves wooden handle..can feel everything

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back